Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 08:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: BLACK, WHITE & RED  (Read 1992 times)
Description: Quaternion rotation animation
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: October 13, 2010, 07:11:50 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Wq1SsCmNKI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4Wq1SsCmNKI&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

The Rev
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 09:08:11 PM »

It says WMG blocked it on copyright grounds.  You probably need to change the music.  Kinda lame if you ask me.  You're not making money off of someone else's work, but you are getting it heard.  Bummer.

The Rev
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:23 PM »

It says WMG blocked it on copyright grounds.  You probably need to change the music.  Kinda lame if you ask me.  You're not making money off of someone else's work, but you are getting it heard.  Bummer.

The Rev

Not lame at all!

We should all respect other people's copyrights.  How is it different than using somebody else's fractal in your own work?

My advice is to contact whoever this Mr. WMG is, ask permission, and add a credit to them for the use of their music.

I may use Hideous music in my videos, but at least it's my own (except for a few items done 20 to 30 years ago!)  (before I knew better!). 

You'd be surprised how receptive these people can be if you just ask first, and give proper credit where due.  I realize many people use copyrighted music in their stuff, but that does not make it right.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:40:15 PM »

I can hear it fine.  Bodeans "blak, white & blood red"   Could be location?
fastrail
Alien

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 10:01:50 PM »

blocked for me as well.

i once asked for permission for the use of a song and the musician was like: "thanx a lot for chosing my song - i am glad to share it with you" etc. very nice. (but yeah, he owns the rights to his own music himself, it's not some big-industry-stuff)
The Rev
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 10:12:25 PM »

The Rev

Not lame at all!

We should all respect other people's copyrights.  How is it different than using somebody else's fractal in your own work?

My advice is to contact whoever this Mr. WMG is, ask permission, and add a credit to them for the use of their music.

I may use Hideous music in my videos, but at least it's my own (except for a few items done 20 to 30 years ago!)  (before I knew better!). 

You'd be surprised how receptive these people can be if you just ask first, and give proper credit where due.  I realize many people use copyrighted music in their stuff, but that does not make it right.

I just think it's lame in a "pick your battles" kind of way.  If someone is getting exposure for your work, with no loss of potential income for you, then that's a favor in my mind, not an offense.  It's nothing like making a bunch of pirated movies or something.  It's more like someone mentioning how much they liked your song in a conversation, IMO.  Just my 2¢

The Rev
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 11:07:20 PM »

The Rev

Not lame at all!

I just think it's lame in a "pick your battles" kind of way.  If someone is getting exposure for your work, with no loss of potential income for you, then that's a favor in my mind, not an offense.  It's nothing like making a bunch of pirated movies or something.  It's more like someone mentioning how much they liked your song in a conversation, IMO.  Just my 2¢

The Rev

I actually agree with you on every point except doing it without asking first. 

Just imagine seeing your fractal animation being used by a musician to showcase their music, and they never even asked.

It may just be the medication I'm on this week, but I really see no difference.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
The Rev
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:36:16 PM »

I see where you're coming from.  If I had a choice, I would want to be asked first, as well.

BTW, have any musicians approached you about using my fractals?  cheesy

The Rev
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 11:57:40 PM »

WMG is the 3rd largest BUSINESS GROUP of record labels.  This has nothing to do with individual artists!  They have had issues with You-tube since 2008.

Oh BTW I did purchase & own the CD. But I will change the music to common whatever so that we can focus on the actual video.  Then you can twell me how crappy you think it is!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:59:35 PM by Bent-Winged Angel » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 12:56:14 AM »

WMG is the 3rd largest BUSINESS GROUP of record labels.  This has nothing to do with individual artists!  They have had issues with You-tube since 2008.

Oh BTW I did purchase & own the CD. But I will change the music to common whatever so that we can focus on the actual video.  Then you can tell me how crappy you think it is!

Business Group?

Yuck.

I have no clue about such things!

I never meant to imply you didn't buy the CD, but buying a cd does not give you rights to redistribute it (in whole or in part) any more than buying a book gives you rights to republish it (with the possible exception of small excerpts for review purposes!) (but even then, you need to be careful).

I am constantly fighting pirates in one of my other jobs, so I take this more seriously than most...

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 02:03:14 PM »

Blocked for me too.....

It says WMG blocked it on copyright grounds.  You probably need to change the music.  Kinda lame if you ask me.  You're not making money off of someone else's work, but you are getting it heard.  Bummer.

The Rev

Not lame at all!

We should all respect other people's copyrights.  How is it different than using somebody else's fractal in your own work?

I may use Hideous music in my videos, but at least it's my own (except for a few items done 20 to 30 years ago!)  (before I knew better!).  

You'd be surprised how receptive these people can be if you just ask first, and give proper credit where due.  I realize many people use copyrighted music in their stuff, but that does not make it right.

I just think it's lame in a "pick your battles" kind of way.  If someone is getting exposure for your work, with no loss of potential income for you, then that's a favor in my mind, not an offense.  It's nothing like making a bunch of pirated movies or something.  It's more like someone mentioning how much they liked your song in a conversation, IMO.  Just my 2¢

The Rev

I actually agree with you on every point except doing it without asking first.  

Just imagine seeing your fractal animation being used by a musician to showcase their music, and they never even asked.

It may just be the medication I'm on this week, but I really see no difference.

I agree with socratease on this - a simple email asking for permission is normally more than enough -
I have been lucky in that I had a record label approach me and ask me to use their music.

I still regularly patrol the vimeo wanted and offered forum
http://www.vimeo.com/forum:wanted_and_offered
there you will find graphic and music artists looking to collaborate and share their work in an effort to spread their work around.
Any fractal animators looking to find music for their animations should join vimeo and make a post there!!!!!!

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2010, 01:32:30 PM »

Asking permission is great & desireable if they are NOT a part of WMG. Teamfresh as you know I run an online Movie making group. I posted same video there & got a Private message from one of my mods.  Video is blocked in SOME countries.This problem has become a deterent for my members.  They just want to put a tune to their lil home made videos to give them more meaning.  Incompetech is a good sourse for free tunes. Here is the controvery of WMG from WIKI!

Controversy
In December 2008, negotiations between WMG and YouTube broke down.[43] As a result, Warner Music Group has continuously blocked or muted videos on YouTube that feature music recordings belonging to its labels or to its publishing arm, Warner/Chappell Music, citing copyright infringement. Although the majority of the blocked videos are not official content of WMG, they include WMG recordings in a minor way normally covered by Fair Use. Many of these claims to copyright violation not only affect artists who are under record labels owned or distributed by WMG, but also to artists who have songs published and controlled by Warner/Chappell, regardless of label. This makes the association between non-WMG artists and WMG much less apparent to YouTube users as music publishers, unlike record labels, generally do not brand themselves to their recordings. Muting also occurred to clips featuring people covering a song by a WMG artist or of a song controlled by Warner/Chappell. The response from YouTube users on affected videos has been overwhelmingly negative towards WMG.[44] Notably, Seattle band Death Cab for Cutie was affected when music videos streamed on their website from their Atlantic Records albums Plans and Narrow Stairs were removed by WMG.[45] The issue and opinion of WMG has since worsened when they began removing and muting songs that are covers rather than just recordings.

With the rise of music video games, CEO Edgar Bronfman Jr. complained that "The amount being paid to the music industry, even though [these] games are entirely dependent on the content we own and control, is far too small", and he concluded that "we will not license to those games." However, if they found new and better ways to promote music and new ways to make profit, this would not be a problem.[46] A Wired magazine article claimed that Rock Band publisher MTV Games has boycotted WMG as a result, but both parties have claimed this to be untrue. WMG has not made any new content deals with MTV Games since August 2008.[47] This had led to a backlash against WMG by fans of these games.

Many anti-Warner videos have been popping up on YouTube from users with outrage over videos being blocked by WMG. There has even been provisions by these disgruntled YouTube users to boycott any material owned by Warner Music Group, as well as former owner Time Warner.

On September 21, 2009, CNET reported that Warner Music Group had possibly struck a new deal with YouTube and WMG videos may start appearing back on YouTube within weeks.[48] It was confirmed on Warner Music Group News and the YouTube Blog on September 29, 2009 that YouTube and Warner Music Group were in a multi-year deal with the two.[49][50] In January 2010, there have been new reports of YouTube accounts containing covered songs completely closed due to intervention by WMG.[51][52] This following a contest by Red Hot Chili Peppers bass player Michael "Flea" Balzary to cover their songs. An end solution seems not to have been found as of January 26, 2010.

In February 2010, CEO Edgar Bronfman Jr. said that Warner Music Group will stop licensing its songs to free music streaming services. He said that the focus will be on services that require payment.[53]

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: