Logo by Jimpan1973 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 05:08:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Presentation  (Read 1581 times)
studentlfb
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:57:50 PM »

I hope it's the good section where I can post my topic.
Hello, I'm coming to you because I should do a presentation on fractals. Firstly, I'm a french student ,so excuse me if you see some mistakes ! (or many .. ) You can correct me of course. But if you can write in french, it's better ! 
I would want to know, to start, what is a fractal ? I downloaded a lot of generator's fractals but I look like that they aren't structures which repeat them.
I would want to know too, Where and How fractals are using today ?
I'm been conscious that I'm asking you questions really hard but ,On all the forums that I had been able to visite, you seem the most followers to answer.
I need your help to do my presentation.
Thanks for your understanding.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 08:08:44 PM »

double posting is quite annoying, and you have everything you need here, what do you want us to do ? write yours presentation ?
please take your time and do some research, here is plenty stuff to dive into, most of it is not really tutorial, but many useful links
can be found in this section, so just dig a bit, and ask questions if you do not get something right

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Thunderwave
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:09:45 PM »

I HIGHLY suggest checking out "The Fractal Geometry of Nature" By Benoit B. Mandelbrot himself, from a library.  Mandelbrot is the man who coined the phrase "Fractal".  Get it from the source of it all before taking anyone's opinion on the internet.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 09:28:35 PM »

PM sent in French wink

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
studentlfb
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

We didn't understand us. I'm not here for you do my presentation but I'm here because I didn't have some informations.
I would want to you help me to complete my informations. I saw a lot of your links but all are in English. In spite of I understand a little bit, I don't arrive to understand all the subjects treated.
I hope I succeed to be clear, to be understood by everybody as my english isn't perfect.
Thanks for your understanding
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

Read my PM and this http://www.fractalforums.com/fractal-related-links/the-mandelbrot-set/

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: