Logo by Fractal Ken - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 10:28:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Let's program a way to use this fractal idea in Chaospro  (Read 7206 times)
Description: Bumped into this when I was researching the M-set.
Thunderwave
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:13:48 AM »

First,  I am not very good at programming.
Second, I am not very good at algebra.
Third, I don't have all that much time.

I have been obsessing on doing this myself, but I spent too much time I don't have trying to figure this out.

I was fascinated by the fact that negative numbers times negative numbers bounce around between -2 and 2 (about).
Well, in trying to play with just the real number line, I added a little extra thing for fun.
First I had fx=>x^2+a, and fy=>y^2+b:  it was boring, of course I thought it would be.

But when I added fx=>(x+y)^2+a, and fy=>(y-x)^2+b, I picked a random value of x=-0.9, y=-0.3, and got this cool guy:

I did this on OpenOffice spreadsheet.  I was so fascinated by this "footprint", that I wanted to render it in a fractal program.
I couldn't figure out how to generate my own formula using that algorithm,  so I used "Processing" and got these images.

Those were all the strange attractors.
The next idea is to do what Mandelbrot did and repeat the equation at every plot.  I borrowed a Mandelbrot code on Processing and fixed it to do just that and got these images:

What I would like to do is:
One:  be able to explore the fractal like a Mandelbrot.
Two:  Use parts of it to generate the strange attractors in them.
Three: do this in ChaosPro.

Any takers?
I would like to look at the codes made and see if they can help me learn quicker then reading the whole reference that doesn't work.  I examined other codes too and none helped.  The reference as I said was not working for me either.  My patience ran out.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: