Logo by blob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: Please select
Europe - 184 (48.8%)
Africa - 2 (0.5%)
Asia - 14 (3.7%)
America - 155 (41.1%)
Other - 22 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 287

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Poll: Where are you from?  (Read 35101 times)
Description: Fractals are universal, what about fractalforums members?
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2010, 08:10:05 PM »

The pivital point I'm missing here is why would you settle for the stunt car racer game....

When you could actually do the real thing (or something similar) like I do!  huh?

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2010, 08:19:53 PM »

David I can see how there could be a couple of ways to interpret question.  IE: where are you coming from?  ASs in how did you get into doing fractal art?  Also a question for all of you since David brought up smoking pot..  Do you think that drugs help or hinder the process of making fractal art? 

Thunderwave
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2010, 11:02:43 PM »

For me, they hinder art in general.  I never get inspired when influenced.  I have been clean from hard drugs for 8+ years now.  The Green stuff always made me paranoid or sick.  Alcohol just makes me too tired to do anything.  Coffee makes me shake and then I am jumpy and my head spins.

But I have heard some feel new ideas come from being under some influence of something, but I feel it comes from allowing chances to influence your work, like John Cage did with his music.  I say allow accidents to happen.
GrungeTV
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »

I'm currently living in Stratford-upon-Avon, England, UK.
Stratford-upon-Avon is mostly known as the birthplace of Shakespeare. Other than that - not much going on here!  snore
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »

For me, they hinder art in general.  I never get inspired when influenced.  I have been clean from hard drugs for 8+ years now.  The Green stuff always made me paranoid or sick.  Alcohol just makes me too tired to do anything.  Coffee makes me shake and then I am jumpy and my head spins.

But I have heard some feel new ideas come from being under some influence of something, but I feel it comes from allowing chances to influence your work, like John Cage did with his music.  I say allow accidents to happen.

I asked for a couple of reasons..A couple of weeks ago I had to go to the ER for pain.  When I was ready to try to do some fractals I could not concentrate or fuction properly.  Maybe it depends on the drug?  Also in the 70's all the great musicians said that drugs made their music better.  Couple cups of coffee  get me going/motivatrd in the morn. Never really tried anything else while trying to be creative. Same here with alcohol, get too tired.  I do however get very inspired here seeing the work of others.   

Thunderwave
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2010, 06:19:59 AM »

I do however get very inspired here seeing the work of others.   

As so do I.  This place reeks of imagination. evil
Maybe inspiration can come from 'shrooms.  I've never done that.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »

D/FW Metroplex -- Texas

Russ McClay
Explorer

« Reply #52 on: October 11, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »

Although from California, I've been here in Taiwan since 1987.

Russ
Fiery
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2010, 02:26:03 AM »

Born & raised in Europe - Warsaw will always rock my heart  grin
and for many ...way to many years living in Canada - Toronto  wink
jwm-art
Iterator

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 06:08:16 PM »

David, I'm not a doctor but if you look online you may be surprised at the number of people with similar symptoms, so I'm sure its not 1 to 5. For a period I used to get this weird really loud BANG in my head just before going to sleep, then I stumbled upon this chat group where hundreds had reported in describing exactly the same symptoms and how they thought they must be going insane, its actually called 'exploding head syndrome'!!  It went away after a while... I think perhaps I had been working too hard and not giving myself a break.

I always wondered about that. It's only ever occasionally it happens. Is it related to your eyes feeling like they're each about the size of your skull (or bigger) and/or made of concrete? edit: just read about it on wikipedia... The bit about being unable to vocalize is interesting as that is a recurring theme in my dreams.

Anyway, I'm from Kent in England... That little bit of England that's near to France (and London).
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 06:11:09 PM by jwm-art » Logged
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2010, 01:41:50 AM »

"Is it related to your eyes feeling like they're each about the size of your skull (or bigger) and/or made of concrete?"
For me I didn't get that... but I think people get all sorts of weird stuff, especially when asleep or half asleep. I heard on the radio about this guy who woke up one morning and there were someone else's legs in his bed! So he tried to push them off the bed and fell out, turns out they were his smiley
xenodreambuie
Conqueror

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2010, 02:08:17 AM »

As Lycium said, Wellington, New Zealand, which now seems to be the fractal and rendering capital of, um, the south.

Regards, Garth
http://xenodream.com
miner49er
Safarist

« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

Of course smoking pot helps people create art! Well, it's helps me play the guitar and really get into the groove...man.

Pot helps me forget about the less-important* things and get on with more interesting things!

I'm from Brsistol, Uk btw.

* (well, maybe they're more important but they're certainly less interesting - work-life, mundane jobs in the house, paying bills etc.)
Prokofiev
Safarist

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »

I am from Paris, France.
In a town called Boulogne-Billancourt.

Sincerely,
Alexis
Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2010, 08:02:32 AM »

I am from Sivakasi, Tamilnadu, India.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down