END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:36:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: Please select
Europe - 184 (48.8%)
Africa - 2 (0.5%)
Asia - 14 (3.7%)
America - 155 (41.1%)
Other - 22 (5.8%)
Total Voters: 287

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Poll: Where are you from?  (Read 35787 times)
Description: Fractals are universal, what about fractalforums members?
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2010, 08:23:00 PM »

My unfortunate habit of analysing and rethinking everything from first principles made this a bad situation for me especially as it was usually worst when trying to sleep.
I basically went through 1. Is there actually a TV or radio on somewhere ? answer NO.

That is a kind of funny, because if 1. answer is no, i would switch on a radio or something.
Yes, i am sleeping always with headphones on, maybe because i dont hear something else.  smiley

I am not normal too, but there is no normality, only the one that they want to sell us  wink
And yes, handle drugs and everything with care and respect!

lkmitch
Fractal Lover

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 05:33:52 PM »

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:20 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/172h__clSo4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/172h__clSo4&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a> wink

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 09:45:37 PM »

Don't worry about it, I know it's a relatively common condition - specifically it's pschyzophrenia and in my case was brought on by too much weed combined with overwork and did reach the acute stage where I was "on another planet", clinically psychotic and suffering depression and paranoia too. When treated initially with chlorpromazine I asked the doctor was I on a high dose as it was making me very sleepy and lethargic - he said that I was on enough to put an elephant to sleep.
Fortunately my prescription was changed to risperidone and reduced to just 1mg a day, that worked far batter than the chlorpromazine and as I said I'm now even off the risperidone.
Because of my experiences I no longer believe that marijuana/cannabis should be classed as a safe drug, though I do still believe it's properties need investigating further to produce beneficial drugs (in particular for relief of acute/chronic pain).

Just to add that the worst point was around 20 years ago during the Kuwait War (which I remember being on TV when I was in hospital).
It was finishing the conversion of "Supercars" (Magnetic Fields/Gremlin) from the Amiga to the Atari ST that did me in, fans of retro games will note that Shaun Southern did the conversion of Supercars 2 to the Atari ST himself (I even had a forward for doing this that I had to pay back).
After I recovered I went on to write "Crystal Dragon" (Magnetic Fields/Black Legend) for the Amiga and then to help with "Tower of Souls" (Parys Technografx) for the Amiga and then the PC and then various phones.
Since then I've been working with Parys Technografx mainly on mobile software.
This is why I say I've "only" been working with fractals since 1999 as that's when I first played with Fractint wink

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2010, 10:13:17 PM »

"Supercars"

I had an Amiga when I was a teenager and it was one of my favourite car games, with Stunts smiley

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Thunderwave
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2010, 10:14:19 PM »

Wow, that's a book waiting to be written, David.
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2010, 10:30:56 PM »

After "Gödel, Escher and Bach", "Computers, Fractals and Psychotropics" smileysmiley

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2010, 10:57:38 PM »

"Supercars"
I had an Amiga when I was a teenager and it was one of my favourite car games, with Stunts smiley

I think i remember this one too, was it this fast and fluently awesome game, but i cant
remember stunts... must look for emulators...  cheesy

Edit: I guess i mixed it up with Vroom!
Supercars is that great game where you race in different locations like on the kitchen table,
if i am right. That i played also a lot  smiley    (such a long time ago)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:30:00 AM by Jesse » Logged
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2010, 02:03:57 AM »

"Supercars"

I think i remember this one too, was it this fast and fluently awesome game, but i cant
remember stunts... must look for emulators...  cheesy

Stunts ? Hmmm - I guess you just mean being able to fire missiles and leave oil slicks etc. ? I've forgotten myself if that could be done on "Supercars" or if it was only Shaun's follow-up "Supercars 2", it's years since I've played any Amiga or ST games, the last one I played was Crystal Dragon on the WinUAE Amiga emulator when someone had asked a question about one of the puzzles smiley

The best game ever (in its time) for car stunts IMHO was Carmageddon smiley
Though my favourite "car" game on the Amiga was definitely Stunt Car Racer !

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2010, 02:07:42 AM »

Hmmm, I don't know about that, do really, really geeky books about nerdy geeks sell well ?

Thunderwave
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2010, 03:45:57 AM »

Hmmm, I don't know about that, do really, really geeky books about nerdy geeks sell well ?

I'd read it, so does that make me a nerdy geeky reader?
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »

You don't do that for money, do you?

"Supercars"

remember stunts... must look for emulators...  cheesy

Stunts ? Hmmm - I guess you just mean being able to fire missiles and leave oil slicks etc. ? I've forgotten myself if that could be done on "Supercars" or if it was only Shaun's follow-up "Supercars 2", it's years since I've played any Amiga or ST games, the last one I played was Crystal Dragon on the WinUAE Amiga emulator when someone had asked a question about one of the puzzles smiley

The best game ever (in its time) for car stunts IMHO was Carmageddon smiley
Though my favourite "car" game on the Amiga was definitely Stunt Car Racer !

Yes, Stunt Car Racer is what I meant wink

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn32IgQGrOQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Kn32IgQGrOQ&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2010, 10:57:24 AM »

I didn't have the experiences with making money in mind - but if I was to spend time writing a book then I'd want some return for the effort involved !

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2010, 11:02:11 AM »

I didn't have the experiences with making money in mind - but if I was to spend time writing a book then I'd want some return for the effort involved !

Now that we're totally off topic, let's do a poll to see how many people would read such a book wink

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2010, 03:28:09 PM »

Now that we're totally off topic, let's do a poll to see how many people would read such a book wink

cheesy I guess I wondered into answering "Where are you coming from ?" rather than "Where are you from ?" based on:

But really I live mostly in my mind. evil

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: