Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 06:28:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: the human fractal  (Read 2827 times)
Description: fractals and consciousness
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« on: September 17, 2010, 02:47:30 PM »

data from the environment enters the brain the brain loops and iterates (thats were the spirit comes in)  occasionally information exits the brain and makes the body move.

the idea is simple and short

open-source rocks
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:24:02 PM »

I like the concept. In this case I would rather say that ideas are fractal processes. The resulting idea is fed back into another brain, transformed into a slightly different idea, expressed, and so on...

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Thunderwave
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

I suffer from fractal migraines then! evil wink
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:58:13 PM »

with ideas its like your inside a bigger brain and you are just a neuron wink

open-source rocks
Thunderwave
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 06:47:45 AM »

Hence, self-referencing!
The idea is to think from outside to within and back, and from inside to outside and back.  Yet!  We must not forget to think completely without and then completely within.  Do this process from within and without until you create a mental fractal being all inclusive, from within and throughout all of everything. Pure knowledge is not just learned but observed at ever angle, like the Mandelbrot set. alien
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 04:09:13 PM »

Human beings are chaotic systems.

lkmitch
Fractal Lover

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 06:09:25 PM »

Human beings are chaotic systems.

Here's a paper I wrote on just that idea, for a graduate psychology class.

http://www.kerrymitchellart.com/articles/ChaoticWorldView.pdf
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 04:21:51 PM »

ikmitch, I love the fact that you are looking at this from the psychological view!  Generally my favorite view of things.. I am copying your paper soo thast I can have a good read.  I may be commenting/questions later. 

lkmitch
Fractal Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »

ikmitch, I love the fact that you are looking at this from the psychological view!  Generally my favorite view of things.. I am copying your paper soo thast I can have a good read.  I may be commenting/questions later. 

Well, I'm not a psychologist, but more of an engineer.  But I'll try to answer any questions you may have.
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 06:20:29 PM »

That's Ok because I'm more of a psychologist than an engineer!

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »

I am unsure if human thought in general is fractal. But creative thought processes sure feel chaotic to me. Maybe even fractal, given that sensible patterns eventually arise from that chaos. Of course, all that is purely subjective. I have no idea what really happens in my brain.

But the feel of it does fit the general shape of a dynamical system. You have prerequisites, or constraints, or prior knowledge that you start from. Then you develop these ideas along some trajectory. Sometimes you make progress (just in the sense of moving somewhere else in the space of ideas, not necessarily solving the problem) in great leaps. But at other times, you just turn in circles. Until eventually, after the umpteenth iteration, there is an ever so small disturbance, that yanks you out of the loop. Definitely chaotic, with attractive cycles and high sensitivity to minor changes.
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 11:47:36 PM »

I believe that human thoughts follow algorithms. 

Thunderwave
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 06:22:26 AM »

I believe that human thoughts follow algorithms. 
Especially when trying to sleep... evil
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: