Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 05:54:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: new color method hsla/palette blend 4d complex compound  (Read 1693 times)
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« on: September 04, 2010, 04:49:10 AM »

Here is a youtube link, try 480p... maybe it's good enough...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0FinB_QhO3M&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0FinB_QhO3M&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:39:45 AM »

This is very very good multiplied by a lot.
Half way the animation I wished it would never stop.
Is this possible with your set in ChaosPro?

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:49:34 PM »

With the newer version I posted here in the forums/ recently uploaded to the compiler directory over at chaospro.de .

Use the 4d complex compound with colormode box checked (haven't re-written the code to add all of the options the 5d version has).  I think the fractal was a z^5.  I believe you need to check the r2mode box as well, but I can't remember and am running an animation now, so don't feel like rendering the fractal to check which settings are what.  I'd also set your C2 value to .01 or something, to "prime" the various components (although it probably isn't necessary as you are going to be using the y or z orbit for luminosity). 

Go to your color tab and select the "benesi orbital coloring" formula (which you might have to download from chaospro.de and put in your formulas directory).

In the coloring tab:
1) you will need to check the hslmode box
2)  check the averageZ box (use this for virtually all coloring.. it's the best thing to do)
3)  use the y or z orbit* for Blue/Lum**
          * = can't remember which but I think either the y or z orbit is good for intense contrast and patterns, I've moved on to 5d... so...
          ** = if it's rgbmode it's blue, for hslmode it's Luminosity and we are doing hslmode to use the orbit to determine Luminosity

4) select a luminosity speed (betwen .05 and .2 is usually good, but it really depends on a few things)
5) select a luminosity offset (between -1 and 1, you can leave it at zero)

Note: you can reverse the luminosity effect by using opposite signs on your offset/ speed... to a certain extent.  You can set the hue (red/hue settings) and saturation (green/sat settings) to whatever floats your boat.  The main thing about making a ghostly- partially lit fractal is setting the luminosity correctly.

Now, if you want to make an animation, I generally make them sort of small (500x500) so that I can make one in a few hours, just for demo purposes.  If anyone ever says "I'll pay you a $#|7load of money to make XXX" I'd probably make them bigger and longer, depending on the $$ offered.

Anyways, you will need to set up the start of your animation (which you already did, it's the first fractal you made).  To create the end of your animation, you will need to select a new c2 value.

ChaosPro has instructions on how to make animations in its help files.  I do recommend that you use linear, as opposed to spline, interpolation (on the settings tab of the animation window) so that you get steady time increments.  Say you go from a c2 value of .01 to .21: linear interpolation will increment the c2 value by (.21-.01) / # of frames of animation, spline interpolation makes a "curve" which means it increments c2 some other way, which can result in a crappier animation (but not always...).

So if you do 200 frames (I generally set the fps to 20), you will get a 10 second video that increments by .001 each frame (so your 2nd frame will be c2 = .011, your 3rd c2 = .012, etc...).

I'm going to release a new coloring formula shortly, with a lot more options, but for now I think the old one I uploaded to the database at ChaosPro.de should work for you.

Tabasco Raremaster
Iterator

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 04:11:19 AM »

Thanks a lot but what ever I try , since my ChaosPro 4.0 beta is replaced by the official release it has the habit to crash more then ever ;(

http://tabasco-raremaster.deviantart.com/

If you dislike it press; Alt+F4
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: