Logo by Sockratease - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 08:12:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Camera Coords  (Read 1935 times)
Kendrix
« on: August 26, 2010, 04:04:14 PM »

First, since I'm new on these forums (even if I am a fractal lovers for years), thank you Jesse for your software it is amazing.

I have one little question for you : Is there a way to get the 3D position of the camera ( and angles) to be able to use some positions in mandelbulber ?

Thanks in advance !
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 10:36:01 PM »

It is not really possible in the current version.
But this infos would be good, most programs are using the camera position, the angles may have to be estimated by the user because there may be differences in the order of the dimesnions and with other differences.
Since M3D uses a viewplane, not all possibilities could be also made with a viewpoint. But this happens not very often.
Kendrix
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 11:24:31 PM »

But there must be some way to do this. I mean you obviously know where you are to be able to render the box no ?

By the way, can you give me some explanations on some parameters not described in the read me file ?

Thoses ares :
- Int. Col. Start
- Int. Col. Mid

Thx
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 10:17:29 AM »

Sure, the program knows where the viewplane is located and its coordination system, so where it points to.
But the user don't have this informations to calculate the viewplane back to a (nearly) point.
You can set Zstart and Zmid to the same value and give zoom a higher value to come closer to a viewpoint.
Then you can take the X,Y and Zmid values as camera location.

The 2 parameters are the inside color mapping parameters.
For cuttings and slices to shift the colors inside the bulb.
Kendrix
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 10:38:00 AM »

Ok thanks for all these answers.
And once more : thanks for your great software.
Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 04:41:07 PM »

Thanks for your explanation Jesse.

It is very much useful for me. smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: