Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 07:18:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Future of Fractal  (Read 2682 times)
djenkins22
« on: August 24, 2010, 01:28:16 AM »

Will computers maybe be able to start generating fractals on their own. Maybe they will be bright and colorful or dark?
Have any thoughts on the future of the generation of fractals?..? afro
pseudogenius
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 03:08:53 AM »

We will invent a fractal computer(computer that does not think logically, but fractal).
Then we will ask it "What is the meaning of life?".
It will answer, "The meaning of life is to understand the meaning of life."
And we will spend the rest of eternity pondering that statement.  alien

As for computers discovering their own fractals, there must be major advances in machine learning, but yes I think it could be done.

And for the future of fractal geometry, who knows what could be discovered.

And for popular future fractals in general, more sensory. Meaning real 3d models, with a fractal sound track, and maybe even fractal taste and smell? tease
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

I guess, you could write some kiind of software that is just a minimalistic virtual system which supports plugins, a compiler, linker and similar, a supervising genetical algorithm, running outside of the virtual machine and a bot that writes proto programs which are ordered by usefulness somehow.
In the end, that computer would generate its own whole world.

However, a genetical algorithm where the fittness curve is as indeterminate as "estimate the usefulness" - on a totally generic problem - will have a hard time to converge, I guess smiley

djenkins: I guess, it's possible to fit logics and fractals in one bigger picture.
And I like your proposal on the meaning of life. I'm somehow pretty sure, this horrifingly pretty recursive thing is very close to the direct solution smiley
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 01:31:25 PM »

the next generation of fractals will be enabled by commodity supercomputing, via opencl running on amd nvidia and intel hardware.

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 03:16:23 PM »

the next generation of fractals will be enabled by commodity supercomputing, via opencl running on amd nvidia and intel hardware.
I have nothing to add, other than that I finally ordered OpenCL capable hardware. smiley
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »

In the future, fractals will be able to run on solar energy, and produce 80 to 95 percent less pollution.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Thunderwave
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 07:15:09 PM »

We'll have fractal solar powered grids!  Mainly along the Equator to make full use of the sun's energy.  Only problem is the Fractals will get skin cancer.  Sunblock will make the panels useless.  Oh well...
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 09:32:25 PM »

I wrote a paper on fractal cosmology a while back,  I suppose there could be some advances in that field. smiley

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: