Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 08:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: devianArt moderator adds a poll to see who wants the Fractal Gallery to change!  (Read 1275 times)
Description: Let's make a change!
Thunderwave
« on: July 28, 2010, 04:28:23 PM »

http://dragonwinter.deviantart.com/journal/poll/1354655/
Dragonwinter thinks there isn't enough people who care to make the Fractal Gallery its own and not under digital art.
First of the gallery only accepts Fractals generated by fractal generating software ALONE!  Meaning no overlapping no imagination added no mixing images with it no freedom to express.

Please vote and add suggestions.  I strongly encourage fractals to be its own category!  And please make this topic a priority, sticky, etc.

There's a chat going on here, http://chat.deviantart.com/chat/communityrelations from 8am to 12pm PST, 30 minutes from this post it starts.  Please attend to see what they are talking about, there will be a tutorial by platinus (The one who wrote a misinforming article here http://news.deviantart.com/article/69703/).  The new Moderator Dragonwinter has suggested to vote, I suggest we see if anyone cares enough to chat about it in public, in the chat.

Thank you for your time!
Nick
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 10:43:33 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »

Sticky Priority?
I dunno, lol

Either way, I voted in that poll and added my opinion...
Fractals only by fractal software is kinda strange...
I mean, I handdrew fractals several times already and one of my current fractal art images in the dA gallery actually is not generated by what would probably be the definition of a fractal program:
The Wada Basin renders are made in Indigo, which is a photorealistic raytracer, not a fractal art program.
I set up four reflective spheres in a tetrahedron and three planes emitting in red, green and blue and a camera in the middle of the whole thing, pointing down. that's how I did that fractal. No fractal program, just infinite light reflections...
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 08:01:07 PM »

I added a typical of me comment.

Probably non-productive, but it's how I feel...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Thunderwave
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 11:20:46 PM »

Thanks so far to those who posted.  So far I think it's going okay.  The poll kind of sucks with its choices.  It spreads it thin and leaves the idea that more people like the gallery the way it is. but at 33% (2:19pm PST), say no people don't like it the way it is.

Feel fre to spread the word and any other fractal sites, can I post this to..?
Thunderwave
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »

UPDATE: DeviantArt has now changed fractal categories.  They no longer exist under digital and are on their own.  They divided it into four categories:
1. Fractal Animations
2. Fractal Manipulations
3. Raw Fractals
4. Traditional Fractals

Raw fractals are suppose to be fractals using fractal algorithms and traditional is by hand or by other means.

Well, I hope the dA community is happy.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: