Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 01:51:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Comparisons  (Read 1108 times)
paolo
Explorer

« on: July 25, 2010, 10:59:50 PM »

grin

Would it be possible to compare fractal speeds using Ultra Fractal, Mandelbulb 3d and Mandelbulber with set parameters and resolutions using different Intel and AMD processors, especially the quad core and six core machines? This may help people to decide which computer to buy. Thank you.
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:51:54 PM »

grin

Would it be possible to compare fractal speeds using Ultra Fractal, Mandelbulb 3d and Mandelbulber with set parameters and resolutions using different Intel and AMD processors, especially the quad core and six core machines? This may help people to decide which computer to buy. Thank you.

It's definitely possible to do so, but obviously requires some user participation smiley

There are already two sets of benchmarks for Ultra Fractal that give a very good idea of the relative speeds of various processors, see here:

http://www.shadoworld.co.uk/UF5/Benchmark/Benchmark%20results.htm

I doubt the 3D renderings would vary the results all that much smiley

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:23:08 AM »

Bring on some parameter sets and let's get the party started.  wink
Thunderwave
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 05:11:39 AM »

I'm looking to buy a new PC and I want to generate Fractal Movies with my own music and maybe even a story plot where two fractals fall in love!  They have fractal children and become the happy "Fracty Bunch".

Seriously, I would like to know how to get a major rendering fest going on using, Bryce, Ultra Fractal, and 3D fractals.  Can Bryce import a 3D fractal?  Hmm I doubt it.  Would be cool though, huh?
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 10:15:12 AM »

@dave i added the link to the link section,

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:12:45 PM »

Seriously, I would like to know how to get a major rendering fest going on using, Bryce, Ultra Fractal, and 3D fractals.  Can Bryce import a 3D fractal?  Hmm I doubt it.  Would be cool though, huh?

I import fractals to Bryce often, but prefer Carrara  (both from the same retailer, I just prefer Carrara - but Bryce comes in handy too!)

If you can find any of the fractal generators that export 3D Objects (obj format works best  afro ) just import, apply shaders, and render!

I can host any obj files if needed for a group effort - no size limit!

I'm still seeking a decent Mandelbox obj file, but none have turned up yet...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 09:25:42 PM »

I'm looking to buy a new PC and I want to generate Fractal Movies with my own music and maybe even a story plot where two fractals fall in love!  They have fractal children and become the happy "Fracty Bunch".

If you want to export 3D fractals to Bryce etc. (e.g. in obj format) then I think the best bet at the moment is using Terry Gintz' software such as QuaSZ:

http://www.mysticfractal.com/

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Thunderwave
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 09:34:32 PM »

Awesome, David & Sockratease!  I had no idea this was possible.  Unfortunately I still am saving money to buy a new PC.  But this info is gold.  I could make a game based on 3D fractals using Torque!  That would rock!  Maybe that could be a collaboration.  cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: