Logo by DsyneGrafix - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:49:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: and another newbie  (Read 1810 times)
mermaid
Forums Newbie

« on: July 19, 2010, 10:32:35 AM »

Greetings to all from another newbie...smile.. My nick is mermaid, my real name Ulla Britta, living in Switzerland. I have found this forum by starting to search for a 3d mandelbulb program and finally found one to create images. I am in 3d creation for about 10 years now but mainly landscapes and some modelling, if you want to take a peek at my recent work you can go to http://www.cornucopia3d.com/portfolio/britta_jacobs. I am posting at another rendersite, Renderosity, too and there a lot of people posting fractals too. So I decided to venture in this to me unknown region, when reading the article about the 3d mandelbulb project and beeing utterly attracted to the amazing pictures coming from this project.
I found me an easy to use programm to start with (Mandelbulber 0.85 for windows) and just started yesterday and got hooked...lol
So I guess I will show some of the results here just to hear you opinion...smile
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 10:40:21 AM by mermaid » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:31:47 AM »

Hello and Welcome to the forum!

Yet another member from the Renderosity site!  I really need to get more active over there, I too got into fractals from other 3D Software (Bryce and Carrara and Daz Studio) (I use their forums, but don't use Renderosity much, if at all  sad ).

Mandelbulber is a Fantastic Program!  You may also wish to try Mandelbulb 3D from the Downloads section here  wink

I hope to see you around the forums...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
mermaid
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 10:48:31 AM »

thanks a lot for the welcome and for the other fractal programm... already exploring it with lots of fun...smile
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 11:25:39 AM »

hello and welcome to the forums smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:15:22 AM »

Greetings to all from another newbie... smile..  My nick is mermaid,
    my real name Ulla Britta, living in Switzerland.  I have found this forum
    by starting to search for a 3d mandelbulb program and finally found one
    to create images.  I am in 3d creation for about 10 years now but mainly
    landscapes and some modelling... 

Greetings, and Welcome to this particular Forum !!!    smiley

Those two fractal programs you have tried out recently are very good for what they currently are doing.  But if you wish to create some real 3-D fractals, you might try a few others that are available, so that you can export the objects into your existing 3-D applications.  Just look around within this Forum and you will see links to some of them.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: