Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 12:00:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Buddhabrot in Incendia  (Read 3240 times)
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« on: July 16, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »

Started working with Incendia today and I began wondering if there were any Incendia Buddhabrots huh?

I have been working on it for a while on one and I think I'm onto something.  I just need to reduce the distortion around the top.  Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on how I would fix this?

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
ker2x
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »

wow... interesting results !

often times... there are other approaches which are kinda crappy until you put them in the context of parallel machines
(en) http://www.blog-gpgpu.com/ , (fr) http://www.keru.org/ ,
Sysadmin & DBA @ http://www.over-blog.com/
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:50 PM »

Thanks, I need to let to render for more than 30 min. next time grin.  I am still trying to make those white areas clearer though.

Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2010, 03:15:55 AM »

I've been messing with it a little more and I've made some progress, I just thought I post. smiley  I am not sure if they should be called true buddhabrots, as Incendia doesn't allow scripts.  All of these were done without math undecided.

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2946

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2947

Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »

I'm liking this.  Would like to see "buddha style" done with chaospro.
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:51 AM »

Thanks, I would like to see one done in Chaospro as well.  They're actually variations of appollian fractals with D3 symmetry, I thought that was sort of interesting.  Incendia is a frustrating program to work with, I'm probably going to rope a friend into helping me work out the kinks later.

Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 08:42:36 PM »

I started a thread  in "let's collaborate on something"
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 02:37:52 AM »

Thank you for the offer, but I wasn't hinting that I wanted help from any of the people on this forum.  They are welcome to mess with the idea if they want and I would appreciate their ideas and suggestions if they have any.  However, I am perfectly happy working on this by myself.  Thank you. smiley

cbuchner1
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 02:50:13 AM »

Thank you for the offer, but I wasn't hinting that I wanted help from any of the people on this forum.

You seem to be contradicting yourself here, because in the first post you were asking for help (or suggestions).

Does anyone have any ideas/thoughts on how I would fix this?

Very nice pictures by the way. I like them.

Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 03:10:44 PM »

BrutalToad i started thread because I WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO DO BUDDHAS IN CHAOSPRO. (as you also indicated.)    And yes you do seem to be contradicting yourself.   
Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 03:22:41 PM »

I was just saying that it is not that important of a project and I don't want anyone to feel the need to help me if they are already doing something.  But if somebody is not up to anything at the time I would love some suggestions.  By the way I do not have chaospro, but I am familiar with the program and I would like to see one done with it so I am no help there.

Sorry for the confusion, I may have seemed a little harsh in my previous post.  I really just wanted to get my thought out there and maybe see if anyone else had tried Buddhas in Incendia.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:28:14 PM by BrutalToad » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: