Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 06:33:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Hello - A simple fractal first post  (Read 13113 times)
Description: A deviantArt frustrated member
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »

@sock

the lissa image above is a complex projection, and not really a fracal smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:27 PM »

@sock

the lissa image above is a complex projection, and not really a fractal smiley

Not even if I wish Really Hard?  angry

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
richardrosenman
Conqueror

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »

Ahhh, I see David, but this style of sorting is completely unfavorable to those obsessed with fractals beyond software. lol
I sure hope I didn't promote resigning, Klixon. sad  Please, understand I appreciate DA for what they're worth.   All I ask them to say, is:  "We only accept fractals made with digital software intended to make fractals." and I will leave them alone.  

P.S. I don't know of any fractal plugins for PS, or Bryce.  I use actions in PS and reflections in Bryce to create fractals.  Both of which is time consuming and very meditative as well.  Bryce though takes forever to render.... Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm.....

Hi gang;

My name's Richard and I just came across this thread regarding PS fractal plugins. I have, over the past year, become very interested in Fractal imagery and coded a fractal generator called Fractus that is a PS plugin. You can find it here: http://www.richardrosenman.com/project/?cid=212 Take a look through the gallery to see samples.

More importantly, the Mandelbrot set guided me into the Buddhabrot fractal and I have just coded a very nice PS filter that generates complex ones as well. I have not launched the filter publicly yet (will do so by the end of the week), but you guys can check out the gallery and info in the meantime if you're interested: http://www.richardrosenman.com/project/?cid=224

I have a third one based on Diffusion Limited Aggregation but I need to finish that one up.

There are many advantages in coding a plugin embedded in PS as opposed to a stand-alone since you can focus on the good stuff and let PS take carry of the redundant things like color management, loading, saving, etc. The problem with my plugins (and many still for PS) is that they're all currently making the switch over to 64bit and therefore are still limited by size (memory). Once I get a 64bit version out, size won't be the limitation that it is now.

I am insanely impressed with the Mandelbulb images I've seen but unfortunately they are beyond my programming abilities.

Read the rest of this post about DA and it's disappointing to say the least.

Anyway, it's great to meet everyone here and I'm looking forward to discovering many more beautiful fractals...

Cheers,
-Rich
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 04:46:48 AM by richardrosenman » Logged

Thunderwave
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 06:12:10 AM »

Hi gang;

My name's Richard and I just came across this thread regarding PS fractal plugins. I have, over the past year, become very interested in Fractal imagery and coded a fractal generator called Fractus that is a PS plugin. You can find it here: http://www.richardrosenman.com/project/?cid=212 Take a look through the gallery to see samples.

More importantly, the Mandelbrot set guided me into the Buddhabrot fractal and I have just coded a very nice PS filter that generates complex ones as well. I have not launched the filter publicly yet (will do so by the end of the week), but you guys can check out the gallery and info in the meantime if you're interested: http://www.richardrosenman.com/project/?cid=224

I have a third one based on Diffusion Limited Aggregation but I need to finish that one up.

There are many advantages in coding a plugin embedded in PS as opposed to a stand-alone since you can focus on the good stuff and let PS take carry of the redundant things like color management, loading, saving, etc. The problem with my plugins (and many still for PS) is that they're all currently making the switch over to 64bit and therefore are still limited by size (memory). Once I get a 64bit version out, size won't be the limitation that it is now.

I am insanely impressed with the Mandelbulb images I've seen but unfortunately they are beyond my programming abilities.

Read the rest of this post about DA and it's disappointing to say the least.

Anyway, it's great to meet everyone here and I'm looking forward to discovering many more beautiful fractals...

<Quoted Image Removed>

Cheers,
-Rich

I love this and will investigate to learn more.
Please vote here http://dragonwinter.deviantart.com/journal/poll/1354655/ a deviantArt Fractal Gallery Poll by the fractal moderator,
to comment and help make a change.
Thunderwave
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 03:36:50 AM »

Remember the Hand Drawn Fractal?

Here it is with Photoshop actions:

Here it is with Apophysis:

I'm working to make a 3D one but am still unfamiliar with its workings, (mandelbulb 3D).
Rackdoll
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2010, 02:39:09 AM »

I am curious who here generates fractals from "non-fractal" computer programs like Photoshop?

have done some photoshop programming,
isent that hard.....
When i cranked up my fractal skillz i can do you a filter or whatnot if you want wink

Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2010, 03:39:25 AM »

occasionally I make one in paint, here's one which I made to have some weird properties (I think)...
Its dust like the cantor set, has no area, the largest piece would be infinitely small, every two points will have a gap between them, but wouldn't fall apart either, but never-the-less would have infinite stretch. ugly

* carpet.gif (15.3 KB, 440x441 - viewed 630 times.)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 03:42:36 AM by Tglad » Logged
Thunderwave
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2010, 03:46:52 AM »

have done some photoshop programming,
isent that hard.....
When i cranked up my fractal skillz i can do you a filter or whatnot if you want wink

Actually, I love generating fractals this way.  I get more control out of it and the actions are easy to edit if it comes out boring.
I already downloaded some Photshop filters from some links on this site, but they only work for Windows, I have a Mac.
I enjoy all kinds of fractal generators so if there are any for Mac I will download it, especially if it's free.  I'm poor. sad

occasionally I make one in paint, here's one which I made to have some weird properties (I think)...
Its dust like the cantor set, has no area, the largest piece would be infinitely small, every two points will have a gap between them, but wouldn't fall apart either, but never-the-less would have infinite stretch. ugly

That is awesome.  I love it! cheesy
matty686
Conqueror

open-source rocks

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2010, 06:19:10 PM »

instead of breaking things into programs I save components as separate files for reuse I am able to force symmetry by removing one half copying the remaining half flipping it than merging the two half's

I love free transform fractals you can make anything you like as long as it's 2d but it also allows for z depth for pseudo 3d     

open-source rocks
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 06:00:01 PM »

I already downloaded some Photshop filters from some links on this site,
    but they only work for Windows, I have a Mac.
    I enjoy all kinds of fractal generators so if there are any for Mac I will download it,
    especially if it's free.  I'm poor.

There are many fractal applications for the MAC, and several of them are FREE.  There are also many filters and plugins available for the MAC to use with PhotoShop (or other such graphic programs).

Have you tried Fracton ??  It is a rather new fractal renderer, and being developed on a weekly basis:
    http://www.fracton.org/

Many more where that came from.     wink

Thunderwave
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 10:57:45 PM »

Thanks Nahee, I have tried that one and it wont work on my old Mac.
There are many fractal applications for the MAC, and several of them are FREE.  There are also many filters and plugins available for the MAC to use with PhotoShop (or other such graphic programs).

Have you tried Fracton ??  It is a rather new fractal renderer, and being developed on a weekly basis:
    http://www.fracton.org/

Many more where that came from.     wink

I should update what I have:
I realize now that because my Mac is before Intel, any fractal programs for the modern Macs wont work.
I love Macs but, now I got a Windows 7 64 bit pc.  I plan to keep my Mac as I still use it even though I have a faster pc.
I realize some fractal programs don't run on 64 bit and I don't have Photoshop for Windows.  I have found some here that work.

I like trying every fractal software out there, so any suggestions is a big cheesy thank you.  I also google any of them brought up here.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2010, 04:34:17 PM »

I have tried that one and it wont work on my old Mac.
    I realize now that because my Mac is before Intel, any fractal programs
    for the modern Macs wont work. 

If you would give exact details of your MAC OS, then it would make it a lot easier for people to assist you.  Complaining about not being able to find software, but not explaining the parameters in which you search for such things, makes it very difficult to give you help.

I love Macs but, now I got a Windows 7 64 bit pc.  I plan to keep my Mac as
    I still use it even though I have a faster pc.  I realize some fractal programs don't
    run on 64 bit and I don't have Photoshop for Windows. 

Why would anyone pay such an outrageous fee for Adobe's Photoshop, when they can download the GIMP for FREE and do just about everything (if not more) that Photoshop can??  (Not to mention also having IrfanView, Paint.NET, etc....)

I know of over 600 fractal applications, and I can get the majority to run on my 64-bit Windows system.  But then again, I know how to use software, utilities and much more.  I can even run old legacy DOS programs on my 64-bit system.  Ever hear of DOS-Box ??

Thunderwave
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2010, 06:39:24 PM »

If you would give exact details of your MAC OS, then it would make it a lot easier for people to assist you.  Complaining about not being able to find software, but not explaining the parameters in which you search for such things, makes it very difficult to give you help.

I have a Mac OSX 10.4 PowerPC PowerBook G4 laptop.
BTW, I love Oxidizer, although they don't support PowerPC anymore. I Have Xaos now as well which is fun.
Hmmm, let me see what else I have on here.  Apophysis j (Not as good as the Windows 7 version), Context Free (a fun program to do recursion of patterns), Gimp (I forgot I downloaded that), Quadrium set (Demos Only).  I don't have any 3D ones, know of any that support PowerPC? 

Why would anyone pay such an outrageous fee for Adobe's Photoshop, when they can download the GIMP for FREE and do just about everything (if not more) that Photoshop can??  (Not to mention also having IrfanView, Paint.NET, etc....)
I got a good discount on it for school, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it.  It was the whole Adobe Suite CS2 (Not sure what package but I got Macromedia with it as well).  I have enjoyed it but I won't pay the whole price to upgrade it.  Instead I use free stuff on Windows 7 and Mac Tiger. 

I just downloaded Paint.net for win7-64 and it has fractals that I have yet to explore. 

I know of over 600 fractal applications, and I can get the majority to run on my 64-bit Windows system.  But then again, I know how to use software, utilities and much more.  I can even run old legacy DOS programs on my 64-bit system.  Ever hear of DOS-Box ??
WOW 600! very surprised

I had downloaded DOS-Box for Mac once.  I forgot I had it.  I think Fractint is a DOS program

List of Programs I now have for Win7:
I have Jesse's 3D program that works great on Win 7. 
May I ask if you have Mandelbulber working on Win 7 64?  I couldn't get it to work. 
UF (Demo)
Fractal eXtreme Demo
Fractal Explorer
ChaosPro

Thanks Nahee!  Sorry if I complained too much.  I never meant to whine, just talk.  I did forget that Macs went intel.
blob
Strange Attractor

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »

I like Gimp, it is good, but it doesn't compete with Photoshop, and FIW you can get it for quite cheap if you hunt a bit on eBay for a second hand old version, paid a couple of pounds for the full version of version 5 and later bought an entire boxed Adobe Design Suite including Photoshop 7, Illustrator 10,  Acrobat Pro 6 and  Indesign 2 for an amazing £20 including postage...

kek
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2010, 03:16:04 PM »

Hello I am Sander Kloppenburg.

HOW did you get into fractal art?
Well a while back I discovered the wonderful world of fractals via a good friend. She made some movies with it and so did I.
The first fractal I am really proud of was this one:

I animated it as if it is some kind of fish and made it loop forever. I like giving fractals a life of their own and my goal is to make an animation in a fractal-world mix it with real footage of cymatics

and oil in ecoline mixed with water in a oven-dish on top of my overhead projector.

WHEN did you?
I guess since I was 18 which was 6 years ago, so since 2004.

WHAT is your education?  IE formal & or self taught!
self taught. Although I am graduated as a Master in Computer Animation and Visual Effects.

GOALS what do you want to use these skills for?
Make a world of my own. Not just with fractals but with a lot of weird fractal-like natural events as well.
Here is an exemple of mixing real footage (sirop in water) with 3d animation.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4R_DbXA0U1g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/4R_DbXA0U1g&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:33:58 PM by kek » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: