Logo by bib - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 04:49:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: BioFract  (Read 2690 times)
stefan
Forums Freshman

« on: November 24, 2006, 12:56:33 PM »

For your entertainment - There is a really simple fractal generator at:

http://www.fractalexperience.com/biofract/BioFract_v_0_01.rar

It uses a cellular automata algorithm and generates 2D patterns. I'm very interested what you think about this small program. I don't know similar type of software, but maybe it exists somewhere and I'm re-inventing the wheel. I have a number of ideas how it can be developed further, but I'm not sure if it's meaningful to spend time on it.

Enjoy smiley
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 02:19:02 PM »

hi, i think it is a nice tool for cellular automata things ... i know my programs lack some comfort but i would like to have at least scrollbars when the window is smaller, or an adjustment of image size when resizing, also the buttons on the lower right easily go loose if resized ... wink

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
matera
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 02:25:12 AM »

picky, picky.

Looks like some nice possibilities for playing around with patterns. I have collected some other ca programs, but they are all different. I think I'll have some fun with it - once I'm done backing up all my files and moving into another computer (ack, about three gigs of fractals to go yet...lol).
alan2here
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 06:31:13 PM »

Can we have some screenshots please
How does it compare to MCell or Life32?
stefan
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 05:01:07 PM »

See a typical "Creature" here:

http://www.fractalexperience.com/sv/bf1.png

Hard to make a comprehensive comparison with MCell and Life32 because just heard about these programs. The difference is maybe that BioFract is really simple and it has been written for fun, while the others have the ambition to model processes in real life and are thus much more complex. However I was impressed of how attractive and different the resulting images can be and I suppose that with some effort this can become an interesting 2D images creation tool.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: