Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 05:13:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Health issues & animations  (Read 6313 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 10:18:48 PM »

What about images like this?

Do they have the same effect?  They do tend to start to animate after looking at them a bit. Anyone know how that works?

BTW Socratease your subtlwe message could scare someone into a siezure!  (porbably should have a disclaimer)  evil
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:24:04 PM by Bent-Winged Angel » Logged

Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 05:07:27 PM »

The above would be more hypnotizing rather than create seizures.
casey5
Forums Newbie

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 09:11:32 PM »

Hello Darwin!  Why would anyone with these issues be cruising the net looking for psychedelic animations in the first place!? Perhaps to deliberately create a problem, then a lawsuit .....?
People need to grow brains and be responsible.
I just recently joined this forum because I was looking to create a origami fractal cube.  I saw this post and I felt as if I needed to comment.  I have been diagnosed with epilepsy and have suffered three grand mal seizures.  Bright, flashing lights is was can trigger my seizures.  I find it quite offensive that you would think that people that have this disorder would come on this website just to watch a couple of videos and file a lawsuit.  I have come here looking for different art forms that people have created and what they can come up with.  I asked around on another forum about what everyone is talking about on this thread and this was her response.  "Sometimes certain colors or bright flashing lights like strobe lights can trigger seizures for some people. This is known as being photosensitive. People that make fractal videos need to put a warning on the videos or they will be fined by people and the FCC can also go after them."  I do not think that the FCC would actually come after people who create these fractal videos, but I think that it would be nice for the administrators to put some kind of warning, either when you sign up, or on the main page, about watching fractal videos, and their potential of causing seizures.  Trust me, I am being responsible with what I watch on this forum and I certainly would not file a lawsuit if one of these videos were to cause me to have a seizure.  I watch these videos at "MY OWN RISK" and I know that it may cause me to have a seizure.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: