Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 11:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mission Statement  (Read 1662 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: June 21, 2010, 03:13:30 PM »

of these forums..

What is it? 

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:38:25 PM »

To boldly go where no man has gone before cheesy

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »

Everybody here is on their own individual "Mission" and the forums are just a place we all meet and share stuffs.

My own "Mission" is to be as Silly as possible with Everything I do.

What's yours?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 10:13:40 AM »

my personal mission is to becoming "the Gunther Netzer of IT Sector" cheesy

and for the forums, a little history ... i have a fractalforums.com site since early 2000, and i wanted to publish fractalmovies on a regular basis, but that never really worked, in 2006 jason henegan founded this forum, and my first thought was: "damn, why didnt i myself did this ? " and i visited the forum on a regular basis, to meet other fractalists around the world, because in real life, fractalists get smiled at, and you have no one to talk to ....

so, then back in 2008 jason henegan wanted to shut down the forum, and i took the chance and bought the domain concluding the board from him ( for a small amount of 120$ )

so, the mission statement is: "this is a place  where fractalists around the world can meet, discuss, and introduce beginners to the fractal world "

and i think this reached very good by now cheesy

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 08:29:28 PM »

Everybody here is on their own individual "Mission" and the forums are just a place we all meet and share stuffs.

My own "Mission" is to be as Silly as possible with Everything I do.

What's yours?

That 'all  work as part of my mission here.  But atlas it is not my forum.  Some forums are run loosely, some not.  Some fairly, some not.  I came here to learn..(yes I will suck out much grey matter from those of you who are worthy!   nasty teeth

my personal mission is to becoming "the Gunther Netzer of IT Sector" cheesy

and for the forums, a little history ... i have a fractalforums.com site since early 2000, and i wanted to publish fractalmovies on a regular basis, but that never really worked, in 2006 jason henegan founded this forum, and my first thought was: "damn, why didnt i myself did this ? " and i visited the forum on a regular basis, to meet other fractalists around the world, because in real life, fractalists get smiled at, and you have no one to talk to ....

so, then back in 2008 jason henegan wanted to shut down the forum, and i took the chance and bought the domain concluding the board from him ( for a small amount of 120$ )

so, the mission statement is: "this is a place  where fractalists around the world can meet, discuss, and introduce beginners to the fractal world "

and i think this reached very good by now cheesy

I did get the feeling that trifox did not create this forum.  However it is good to know that you want to help introduce this art to newbies.. (like myself) Maybe we could do more to encourage posting by the beginners?  Whats great aboput this art form is that it can be enjoyed on many different levels! grin

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:06 AM »

I came here to learn.. (yes I will suck out much grey matter from those of you who are worthy!

There is much that can be learned within this Forum.  And there are many knowledgeable individuals that have posted here.  So many new Members become daunted by what they read here.

I did get the feeling that trifox did not create this forum.  However it is good to
    know that you want to help introduce this art to newbies.. (like myself)  Maybe
    we could do more to encourage posting by the beginners?  Whats great about
    this art form is that it can be enjoyed on many different levels!

In the very beginning, there were a lot of Members that posted quite regularly, and at varying levels of knowledge and abilities.  Just reading through the older posts will show how it has changed over the years.

It seems to me to have become a lot more technical, everybody focusing on either their programming or mathematical skills (or both) to come up with new and better ways, usually to do 3-D graphics and videos.  I am not complaining about this, for I am enjoying what has been produced just in the past 8 months.

As long as such superb works are being displayed here, I am afraid that many "newbies" will not even bother posting their graphics here (I am sure a bit of intimidation is involved).  And others might not even feel like asking questions, since they may seem to be too immature and/or basic.

Did you know that there are approximately 1,050 Members who have never posted at all to this Forum??  And some have been here for years.

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 01:28:54 AM »

and for the forums, a little history ... i have a fractalforums.com   fractalmovies.com site since early 2000, and i wanted to publish fractalmovies on a regular basis, but that never really worked, in 2006 Jason Henegan founded this forum, and my first thought was: "damn, why didnt i myself did this ? " and i visited the forum on a regular basis, to meet other fractalists around the world, because in real life, fractalists get smiled at, and you have no one to talk to ....

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:52:48 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

---

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 04:44:23 PM »

Thanks for the background nahee!  wink  Yes although I come across as rather "assertive" embarrass I felt very intimated by some.  Basically told not to get too ambitious with posting images for they take up space & will just be ignored/lost in the shuffle. :smiley  I really do like the idea of all differing types of fractalsits at all different levels.  And yes when there are soo many members with soo few posting it makes one ponder why huh?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 07:30:21 PM »

hey benty, hi hope you didnt got it wrong, its just my job to do a little householding!
active members are very welcome, especially when they let us share their way to experience computer generated art!
and btw, you really learned much as i see cheesy

---

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »

No poroblem.. I understand about modrating/managing groups. I have a few myself.. yes it can be frustrating.. I guess some things get lost in translation.  I find "newbies" need to get their feet wet & find their way around.   If after a while they still mess up then they are out after numerous warnings.. Also easier to follow the rules when they are clearly listed. BTW thanks for noticin g my improvements! wink  In the beginning I almost quit this group.  I humbly  embarrass feel AI am an asset.. rolling on floor laughing

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: