Logo by HPDZ - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 11:09:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Comic (mandelbox zoom) *rough draft*  (Read 1259 times)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« on: June 19, 2010, 04:42:20 PM »

this is just an example/preview of some of the type of stuff I am planning to produce in the near future.

not sure what the correct term is (maybe someone would be kind enough to say what that is) so i will just say using a "sci fi comic windows type of effect" - I am able to show multiple angles of approach to the same point.

in future renders, I plan to have the smaller boxes sliding back in and out at interesting points - showing different angles of the same area inside the box - I will also apply various FX to these areas as well where appropriate!

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12680585&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA" target="_blank">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12680585&amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_portrait=0&amp;color=01AAEA</a>

the audio is a 2 min snippet from
Arcturian Armitrage  by Jens de Langer (Optick & Ciprian Lemnaru Remix)
http://90watts.com/releases/9043

I would be very interested in your feedback and I welcome some constructive criticism!

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 05:19:33 PM »

cool idea cheesy
The middle is a bit slow, though...
aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 06:43:14 PM »

I like the idea too.

With that bg, it looks JUST like a Borg ship from Star Trek nerd
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 07:52:09 PM »

Looks great ! I like the sync with the beat at the beginning and the funny effect due to your keyframe interpolation method I guess.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:49:55 PM »

I like the concept!

Spent a little time thinking of another word or it (comic doesn't quite work for me) but couldn't do any better...

So it's a comic!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »

well I am glad everyone likes the concept cheesy  so I will go ahead with my new project - and hopefully it wont take six months.....

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:10:17 AM »

this is just an example/preview of some of the type of stuff I am planning to
    produce in the near future.     ..........    using a "sci fi comic windows type
    of effect" - I am able to show multiple angles of approach to the same point.

A very interesting experiment on this video.  Enjoyed the way you made the object in the smaller boxes move to the music.  Nicely Done!!!!    smiley

After watching the boxes, using 20/20 hindsight, I probably would have made the distance view box disappear first.  But, as it slowly left the screen the other small box would become vertically elongated, showing more of the close-up view.  Then have that box slowly disappear to the side.  Also, both of the smaller boxes would not be overlaying the larger image.  Instead, the larger image would just be another box that would slowly get bigger as the other two diminished.

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »

I like the ideas you suggest with your 20/20 and will definitely bear them in mind when it comes to the final render, thanks nahee  grin

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: