Logo by Mahmut - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 07:34:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: animated gif of Amazing Box Folding Operation ?  (Read 2736 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: June 16, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »

hello,

right now i dont remember who is responsible for the great reference of the mandelbox:
http://sites.google.com/site/mandelbox/what-is-a-mandelbox

and i am creating a little slide series to explain the mandelbox, and alternating fractals,
and i am wondering if the animation of the mandelbox folding operations is available as animated
gif for embedding in slides ( with reference to author clearly ) because those streaming servers
make it a little hard to download the files ...

:smiley

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 12:23:41 AM »

and the site could need names and owners of images, for including in own creations!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:02:50 AM »

It is just there on vimeo or I have the .wmv, which I can e-mail to you, its 1.5mb.
FractalFoundation
Alien

Infinite Math, Infinite Beauty, Infinite Love

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 07:04:25 AM »

Hi guys - I too am very interested in explaining the Mandelbox, as I am a fractal teacher and I run a monthly planetarium show in which I have been including a few Mandelbox explorations. They are dazzling people, but I need some visual help to explain the geometric transformations. Tglad - I will email you offline to see if I can get the wmv file of your animation. I already credit you of course, and will point people to your google page too.  And Trifox, if you have come up with any good slides or simple ways to explain this that you'd like to share, I'd love to see it too. Thanks for all your awesome contributions to FractalForums, and beyond!

-Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
Executive Director
http://FractalFoundation.org
Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!
Become a facebook fan at: http://bit.ly/13pEkd
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:51:53 PM »

I run a monthly planetarium show in which I have been including a few Mandelbox explorations.
That is a great idea! Where is it located?

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
FractalFoundation
Alien

Infinite Math, Infinite Beauty, Infinite Love

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 11:21:58 PM »

Hi bib - first of all - I'm one of your biggest fans! You've been incredibly inspirational for me in my exploration of Mandelbulbs and boxes.

My planetarium show is called "First Friday Fractals", and I produce it and deliver it live in Albuquerque New Mexico, in the NM Museum of Natural History and Science. We render all the fractal animations at 2048x2048, which takes a while, and sometimes at 4096x4096, which takes forever! I've only recently started getting fluent making the 3D content, so only about 8 minutes of a 50 minute show is currently 3D - so far; the rest is zooming into 2D equations. With custom-produced music, it's both educational and highly entertaining. Fulldome hires immersive fractal zooming is intense! Downright psychedelic...
The rest of the show covers some geometric fractals, fractals in nature, and then I highlight some of the things done by the students we teach, such as the winners of your Fractal Challenge. It's been a very popular and well received show. Recently I've partnered with a planetarium company - Spitz - to license some of our content to some other planetariums, including Anchorage Alaska, Lourdes College in Ohio, and Eastern University in Pennsylvania. Hopefully someday we'll have fractals in some of the big planetariums around the world. It's an amazing medium.

Now - I have some questions myself... smiley
I've been playing around a little with hybrid fractals in Mandelbulb3D, and I haven't been able to find anything like your "Singular box 2", one of my very favorite animations. I'd love to recreate something like the initial zoom out with those nested mushroom brain structures, I just absolutely love them. Can you give me any hints? If you want to share some of the starting parameters, I'd love to give you credit in the show; otherwise, just a hint or two about what formulas you're combining would be awesome.

Thanks for doing such great exploration!

-Jonathan Wolfe, Ph.D.
Executive Director
http://FractalFoundation.org
Fractals are SMART: Science, Math & Art!
Become a facebook fan at: http://bit.ly/13pEkd
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: