Logo by visual - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 20, 2024, 03:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D mandelbulb  (Read 2758 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: June 10, 2010, 01:32:43 PM »

Took over 5 hrs. to render.  I am pleased with coloring.  Iteration of 4, since I like to keep things simple!  Audio is "Jedi Mind Tricks-God of Thunder"  Please comment!  cheesy 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VZTpcOg0Iw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/_VZTpcOg0Iw&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 01:41:29 PM »

i like it, and the presentation is also nice, smooth fade in, out, nice camera path, just a little low iteration and clipping issues, but nice to watch

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 01:46:33 PM »

I need to figure out how to increase the iteration while keeping it smooth. Clipping issues?  Like the "speed bump?"  Not sure how I got that...

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 04:33:07 PM »

in my opinion this is one of your best yet! keep it up - I can see you improving and I like it!!! What software did you use?

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:33:46 AM »

I need to figure out how to increase the iteration while keeping it smooth. Clipping issues?  Like the "speed bump?"  Not sure how I got that...

you have to zoom in closer, every increase of iteration steps results in a new maximum zoom position
in which the shapes are "smooth", because of iteration limit, the shapes that appear ever closer to the border
are what makes it interesting - and hard to realize.

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:37:35 PM »

in my opinion this is one of your best yet! keep it up - I can see you improving and I like it!!! What software did you use?

Thanks buddy!  I use ChaosPro.  LOVE IT!  Great for a beginner to try just about everything.  This is the 1st bulb video that I actually put time into.. Very time consuming.

bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 04:41:18 PM »

If you want to continue playing with bulbs and other 3D fractal with much faster calculation times, you should try dedicated applications like Mandelbulber by Buddhi or Mandelbulb 3D by Jesse.

I have been using Ultrafractal since the early Mandelbulb formula was available and I guess UF is similar to Chaospro in terms of calculation time. Now with Mandelbulb 3D I can render overnight an animation which could have taken days or even weeks in Ultrafractal...

Please keep up with this pace of progression, your fractals are better and better everyday.

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »

Thanks bib! embarrass I have learned to render overnight.

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 10:16:28 PM »

Overnight does fine until the Pc decides to do updates then has to shut off & reboot!  (shoort me now)  fiery  BTW my latest & most ambitious effort of bilb animation is posted in the bulob video section. Please take a peak!

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »

I have to tell you bent-winged angel that I was caught out by the updates myself once. I changed the update settings to manual install to fix that problem. All in all I am very impressed with the "mandelbulber" software, especially as it now has key frame options. the ease of use of mandelbulber is to be praised as is the speed with which it renders. amazing.

I really should try "mandelbub 3d" out my self as well - I may do at the weekend smiley
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 11:12:54 PM by teamfresh » Logged

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »

I am somewhat "addicted" to bulbs!  Playing with the parameters.  Distortion..

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: