Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 09:34:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: trip to e228 (+remixes)  (Read 11437 times)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »

cheesy thanks for the comments guys.... smiley

cbuchner1
Fractal Phenom

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 12:58:42 AM »

I need my daily fix of tunnel vision - so I watched this once more. The letters now seem slowly wobbling forward and backward as I type this.

Would there be a possibility to export the relative iteration count as depth information, and to render two slightly offset views of the scene - thus resulting in a parallax effect? I think this would greatly enhance the tunnel effect and it would also give the fractal shapes some kind of 3D structure.

The video could be exported in side by side wmv format and watched in stereoscopic player (a free player), which nVidia have licensed as "3Dvision video player". I own a pair of these nVidia shutter glasses nerd and a 120 Hz monitor, so I would be a willing test subject. wink

Find a few sample videos here to understand the format better: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-3d-movies.html

Christian
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:05:57 AM by cbuchner1 » Logged
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »

I think it would still look flat - you could prob get some bend in the image but not any decent kind of 3D.....
unless anyone else knows how to achieve this technique, I cant see how it would be done. tease
but I would love to see the equivalent of this animation in 3D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:24:15 AM by teamfresh » Logged

klixon
Navigator

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 09:02:37 AM »

Excellent video! Loved every minute of it... especially those points where the music and zooming seem to collide/cooperate to build up the suspense to another of those beautiful structures

Question: Did you try and export a high detail image in 2x2 and 4x4 anti-aliasing to see if there's a notable difference before going the 4x4 route and having to wait 6 months(!) for it to finish? I can see the point (maybe) for a very high resolution still image, but this is really taking it to extremes...

Visit me on vimeo
HPDZ
Iterator

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 09:33:34 PM »

Very deep for sure, quite a project! I love the complicated structures you've found here. Nicely done. I would suggest possibly restructuring the colors a bit, maybe less of the bubble-gum pink.

The weird effect with vision after watching this and most other deep-zoom animations that just zoom in without pausing or zooming back out or moving around (like most of my own) is called "motion after effect" and it's essentially the same phenomenon that causes afterimage when you stare at something for a minute or so. Neurons accomodate to the persistent input, then when that stimulus is removed, the world looks like its opposite effect.

Here's a very weird and pronounced example of it: http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/mot_adaptSpiral/

Zoom deeply.
www.hpdz.net
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 01:25:24 AM »

Excellent video! Loved every minute of it... especially those points where the music and zooming seem to collide/cooperate to build up the suspense to another of those beautiful structures

Question: Did you try and export a high detail image in 2x2 and 4x4 anti-aliasing to see if there's a notable difference before going the 4x4 route and having to wait 6 months(!) for it to finish? I can see the point (maybe) for a very high resolution still image, but this is really taking it to extremes...

I didnt render the two images but I did want to push it to the max, no doubt it would have rendered a lot faster at x2 but now that its done I'm glad I chose x4. I think it looks better that way especially towards the end when you need to squeeze every bit of last detail out wink having to double the amount of iterations right at the end just to gain a marginal amount of crispness for the final minibrot was a killer also - prob should have doubled it again really! nerd
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:27:07 AM by teamfresh » Logged

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2010, 01:28:44 AM »

Very deep for sure, quite a project! I love the complicated structures you've found here. Nicely done. I would suggest possibly restructuring the colors a bit, maybe less of the bubble-gum pink.

Yes I am thinking of doing some sort of remix... but I do love pink for some reason.......
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 01:25:28 AM by teamfresh » Logged

Jameses
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 09:33:29 AM »

anyone else stare at the centre and have their visual field distort after the movie ended, haha
great clip!
regfre
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 01:42:13 PM »

Please tell what program you used
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 12:08:43 AM »

anyone else stare at the centre and have their visual field distort after the movie ended, haha
great clip!

rolling on floor laughing one reason this thread has became sticky cheesy  whistling and rolling eyes drinking beer together
 crazy eyes crazy eyes crazy eyes  flowers crazy eyes crazy eyes crazy eyes crazy eyes
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 12:10:32 AM by Trifox » Logged

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
sonofthort
Alien

hmm

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 07:50:57 AM »

This is awesome!  I was just watching this video on youtube today and am suprised to find that the author is here on these forums.

If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions...

First, how did you choose the point to zoom into?  Is it kind of a guess and check process?

I'm assuming you had to use some form of arbitrary floating point data type.  I'm wondering, did you write your own, or can you recommend a good arbitrary floating point library?

Also, without going into too much detail, can you briefly explain how you handled max iterations as the depth of zoom increased?
0d0nata
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 06:27:39 AM »

Impressively deep! That really must have been a lot of iterations. Is that using arbitrary precision math?
I'd be curious to see what it would look like played backwards (i.e. zooming out). I.e. if there'd be a neater element of "surprise" as things appear from offscreen.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2010, 06:30:49 AM by 0d0nata » Logged
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 01:48:08 PM »

Impressively deep! That really must have been a lot of iterations. Is that using arbitrary precision math?
I'd be curious to see what it would look like played backwards (i.e. zooming out). I.e. if there'd be a neater element of "surprise" as things appear from offscreen.

i will be releasing a reverse version in the future as I did for e214....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5J-71uNWfaY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/5J-71uNWfaY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

This is awesome!  I was just watching this video on youtube today and am suprised to find that the author is here on these forums.
If you don't mind, I have a couple of questions...
First, how did you choose the point to zoom into?  Is it kind of a guess and check process?
I'm assuming you had to use some form of arbitrary floating point data type.  I'm wondering, did you write your own, or can you recommend a good arbitrary floating point library?
Also, without going into too much detail, can you briefly explain how you handled max iterations as the depth of zoom increased?

I found the spot and saved it (along with many others) whilst I explored around the fractal - and every now and then I make an animation that travels to one of these spots - for the kind of mathematical precision needed to create the depth of 760 magnifications the software used a fixed point as floating points normally are only good for around 40 magnifications. every frame was calculated with 20,000,000 iterations.

Rathinagiri
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 03:14:28 PM »

Oh my God! Six months render time? Great work team fresh. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Thalamus
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 03:41:34 PM »

I have to say that that is one of the most incredible (and maddening) Mandelbrot zooms I've ever seen. The little tiny Mandelbrot at the end was a great kicker. While I was watching it, a bunch of quotes kept coming to mind:

"It's elephants all the way down."
"It just goes on and on and on forever."
"Big fleas have little fleas upon their back to bite 'em. Those little fleas have smaller fleas, so on ad infinitum."

Truly amazing work! smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: