Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:21:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: PRESENTATION is everything  (Read 4892 times)
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 04:06:56 PM »

This is somewhat ironic... I was trying to copy an animation.  I use WMM then you tube ass a host.  This time I did not want to go thru the whole "presentation" thing.  Just wanted to copy the animation.  You tube would not accept it saying that I did noit use WMM.  BTW I did ... just did not want to use titles.  Would not take it til I put a title on it!  Soooo the big question is What do the rest of you do?

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2010, 04:31:59 PM »

Soooo the big question is What do the rest of you do?

That's very odd!

I often just use VirtualDub to compile my image sequences into avi files for uploading.

The only time I have issues is when I use odd codecs.  My favorite is the Lagarith Lossless Codec, but it is not accepted by youtube or any other hosting site I've found!

So maybe it was the codec?

Try an uncompressed file as a test.  Maybe even get VirtualDub from Sourceforge.something...  It's a Great tool and quite powerful once you get the hang of how it works.

I delete Windows Movie Maker from my computers when I'm wiping out the bloatware - never considered it any good for anything since I have Pinnacle Studio (the best priced package I could find that still had enough features to keep me happy paying for it!) and I have access to Adobe After Effects at my employment - so I can do Fancy Stuffs and get paid for it (if nobody's looking!!).  I don't much care for Adobe stuff, but After Effects is an exception.  I'll never Own a copy - it's just TOO Expensive - but I will use it when I have access...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2010, 04:40:28 PM »

Sourceforge... good idea! Also sometimes you tube wrecks havoc with quality.  I was thinking just this morning about playing with codeks ....WMM is the basis for my lil group on a social networking sight.  I got into video making editing about the same time I got into fractals.  Soo combined them nicely! wink

David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 02:38:56 PM »

I use VirtualDub and the (free) Xvid codec (2 pass mode).

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 02:22:01 PM »

AHHHH ... ;DDownloadable files for VirtualDub are hosted by SourceForge, which provides free services for open-source and free software projects.

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 01:17:38 AM »

VDub is amazing software! I cant believe it is free! it gets the thumbs up from me.  afro

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 04:31:25 PM »

Everybody remembers this image, right?

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=2255

It's in the Mandelbrot section of this year's Contest  (VOTING CLOSES SOON!  Go vote for this image, and all the other images too!!).

Anyway...

I decided to render a zoom down to it!

Had some issues, so I Punished the video by making it worthy of this thread with some titles and a Surprise Ending featuring The Great Pharaoh, Moo Hotep!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHA6qa5gomM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/eHA6qa5gomM&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

I know...  I should have used an image of Lissa instead.

But that would have been Rewarding the video - I wanted to Punish it!!

And it's more of my own twisted breed of home brewed music.  Ignore it if you want, I just throw these tunes together with far too many Freeware programs and only the running time of the video as a guideline...

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

moooooooooooooooooo

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 07:03:41 PM »

haha, nice presentation smiley
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2010, 03:08:23 PM »

Dang hippy production.. Now that's what I call "preeezentation."  What's with the cow/mooo thing?  ya just wanna milk EVERYTHING for what it's worth?  cheesy

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 11:01:07 PM »

...What's with the cow/mooo thing?  ya just wanna milk EVERYTHING for what it's worth?  cheesy

I tried to explain it in the text of the post;

...Had some issues, so I Punished the video by making it worthy of this thread with some titles and a Surprise Ending featuring The Great Pharaoh, Moo Hotep!

I know...  I should have used an image of Lissa instead.

But that would have been Rewarding the video - I wanted to Punish it!!

As for why a cow...

Well, Cows just work well with Fractals.

See:

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2010, 04:06:53 PM »

When others say why?  A  true philosopher like sockratease will say "why not"  cheesy

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »

rolling on floor laughing , what about sheeps ?!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2010, 04:25:11 PM »

rolling on floor laughing , what about sheeps ?! 

Ahh yes, the Republicans in the US!  laugh

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 04:58:49 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: