Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 09:44:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: has anybody tried using ifs formulas with the mandelbuld/mandelbox formulas?  (Read 9298 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« on: May 05, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »

i am wondering if someone has ever tried applying the new transormations ( bulb, mandelbox ) to an ifs iterator ( dave ? )
this would open up nice possiblities in combination with existing transformations cheesy

cheers!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 01:13:27 PM »

At the moment the closest I've got to that is the application of a choice of IFS transforms (without rotation) applied before the main formula and then the inverse applied after the main formula.
That method produced "Silver Eggs" and "The Mandelbulb Virus" (see below).
I'm now working on a newer version of my formula, this time using classes and to be uploaded to the UF database, that will allow you to plug in multiple transforms into the iteration loop either many performed on a single iteration or in alternating mode - which transforms to be performed when to be chosen based on user-defined conditions.

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 02:19:18 PM »

Wow! beautiful!
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:50:03 PM »

Like I said before, I really do like the "Silver Eggs" image and the way it came out.  But, I still think it looks like a crocheted covering (or netting) around those "eggs", something like the following:

http://www.Nahee.com/Stuff/CrochetedItems.png

Power 8
Conqueror

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:17:07 PM »

Hi all,
Funny, I was just trying out the Internal Folding Power formula on Jesse's Mandelbulb3D v142 today and just read your post.
It does give wierd but very interesting "seeds" or  "eggs" as David says.

the rest of my tests are here:
http://lariphotos.free.fr/fractales/internalfold.htm

also this one I made with an earlier version of Mandelbulb3D that reminds me of  some mutated Monsanto  GMO corn pods:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: