Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 12:57:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Server relocation to Michigan, USA  (Read 1730 times)
heneganj
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:33:31 AM »

In response to e-mail issues some users were having, I have stumped up some cash and got some paid-for hosting.  The forum was down for about 3 hours.

So far the new server looks very fast, so let's hope that's not just a temporary thing to keep new customers happy!

Please let me know if you experience 'issues' with the new server.   smiley
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 03:09:57 AM »

In response to e-mail issues some users were having, I have stumped up some cash and got some paid-for hosting.
    The forum was down for about 3 hours.
    So far the new server looks very fast, so let's hope that's not just a temporary thing to keep new customers happy!
    Please let me know if you experience 'issues' with the new server.   smiley

Only the same one that you already know about:  I am basically viewing this particular Forum in a "text only" mode.  None of the icons, graphic buttons and images associated with this Forum are displaying.  And it does not happen with other forums using the SMF software or with any other web sites.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 06:39:03 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

matera
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 03:47:18 AM »

Have you done a traceroute? It has to be some kind of kink between you and FF, because no one else seems to have the same kind of problem. Since you have eliminated your own software and hardware as the cause, that is all I can think of.
heneganj
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 03:29:51 PM »

I won't have to fiddle with any .htaccess files or anything like that?  huh?
matera
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 02:41:33 AM »

No, it's got to be on his end, not yours. Ugh, the things that can get messed up. I was once cut off for a couple of months from a site that I habitually visited for years. Never knew why.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: