Logo by dainbramage - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 26, 2024, 01:17:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: WARNING:  (Read 1610 times)
Description: I find it distressing when I get this message.
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« on: April 17, 2010, 06:58:06 PM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Because as a newbie trying to play "catch up" Plus those who started these abandoned topics may find it interesting to see topic continued.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:43:28 PM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 90 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Because as a newbie trying to play "catch up" Plus those who started these abandoned topics may find it interesting to see topic continued.

That is a default feature of the forum software.

If you feel you have something to contribute to any discussion, even the old ones, feel free to post!

I never understood the reasoning behind that particular feature built in to smf forums.

Of course, if I am mistaken, Trifox will come along and correct me   cop cop cop

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
reesej2
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »

Agreed. Often a thread will lie untouched for months and then suddenly burst to life again. cheesy There's a link to "unread posts since last visit", so it's not like your post would go completely unnoticed.
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »

If you feel you have something to contribute to any discussion, even the old ones, feel free to post!

And yes I have being the shy lil girl that I am.  Just thought that the Warning was a bit harsh sounding.
But then I tend to be a moth to the flame.  lol
As you can see I have not mastered to "  "  huh?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:21:19 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 03:32:31 AM »

Just thought that the Warning was a bit harsh sounding.

There are a lot of technical people in this Forum, and several are straight forward in their responses.  This tends to come off to some folks as "harsh", even though it may not really have been meant that way.  And there are also those where English is not their native tongue, which means there could be some difficulty in expressing thoughts and words in a more "friendly" manner.  (This includes the automated messages that appear from time to time.)

As you can see I have not mastered the "  "  huh?

I adjusted your previous reply to include the HTML type of quote.  Instead of using the REPLY button at the top or bottom of a Topic, you can use the QUOTE link found within each person's individual posting.  That will wrap specific code around there words.

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

Nahee thanks for a well articulated explanation.  BTW now I can "quote"  smiley

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 02:55:44 AM »

Nahee thanks for a well articulated explanation.  BTW now I can "quote"  smiley

Yes, it can be a bit confusing to those not familiar with Forums using such techniques (i.e. SMF, phpBB, etc...).  But hopefully the new Topics for the Board Rules and Guidelines will assist everyone coming into the Forum for the first time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: