Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 05:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Fractal remixes!  (Read 3545 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 03:03:23 AM »

ahhh my eyes.

And that moving image blows my mind haha! alien

Here;  This one always calms me down...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:56 PM »

Hypnotising!  I was thinking of a few times when I created a fractal with colorcycling on & it could have caused some to have a siezure & some neurological damage.  Hmmmn  If the color cycling is done effectively the image does not need to move.  Thanks Socratease! grin

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 01:10:00 AM »

...Hmmmn  If the color cycling is done effectively the image does not need to move.

Here's an old color cycling test I did, and it just happens that the fractal does not move, nor any parameters change.  I just looped through the color palette a few times...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pSCSjRHnKwY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/pSCSjRHnKwY&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 08:33:16 PM »

It works!  Here is another .. I think I got the hang of it!  Clearly now the world is my oyster! evil

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SEggE96vyIg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/SEggE96vyIg&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

djenkins22
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 02:32:06 AM »

So what is a good program to make those color changing GIF images???
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 12:14:44 PM »

So what is a good program to make those color changing GIF images???

I am old fashioned, so I use some graphic editor like the GIMP for changing the colors, saving several versions of the image.  Then use Microsoft GIF Animator to string them all together into a single file.  Since both of these are FREE applications, and they do pretty much everything necessary, I have not bothered looking for others.

Of course if you are talking about fractal images, you could use a fractal generator that is capable of color cycling, then use a screen capture program to produce a short animation video.

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »

djenkins22 you got my attention!  That is one of the "layering " techniques I would like to do with my motorcycle.

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 07:29:55 PM »

Had problems enlarging enough to show up..  Still needs some "tweaking".

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 01:21:52 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

djenkins22
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2010, 11:37:08 PM »

yea thanks simple edit with coral paint shop. cool photo!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2010, 03:04:42 AM »

I agree about the external image editor for simple color cycling gif files.  That's how I did it.  Some can automate the process if you don't feel like doing them individually.

Meanwhile...

I was going to post this as a logo for the forum, but it doesn't shrink very well.

http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/fflogo.gif

If you don't believe me about it not shrinking well...  see for yourself!

http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/fflogo105.gif

105 pixels is just not tall enough for some designs  hurt
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 08:36:21 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Bent-Winged Angel
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 06:37:38 PM »

Sockratease I like that!  The whole mechanical gizmo thing.  I know what you  meaqn about not shrinking well.  In my groups I can have banners 610 pixals W X 100. Hard to shrink to fit without losing resolution/proportion.  Anywhat my pic I did the hard way.  (not too bright) lol  In Chaos Pro I took the madelbrot.  Made it 3d.  Then put it on the GL? lanscape part... Shut off the land & sky.  played with mandel til I got the "rays" right. I forgot the official w2ord, but made it transparent.  Then I think it's called materiaL?  from my files added the pic of me on motorcycle.  !st time I actually removed the fish eye/disco ball in landscape!

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »

Here's one of my Favorite Fractal Remixes I ever did!

Bigger:  http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/matango.png

The Backdrop is a Chaoscope Fractal.  So are the mushrooms in the foreground.  The forest floor is a photograph, and the rest are 3D Models (some "skinned" with fractal textures!)

Bonus Points to anyone who knows why I named this image "Matango"    afro

I recently put this in the gallery too  (but it was in a section not making threads here).  So if it looks familiar, that may be why...

Lee Oliver
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 02:05:23 PM »

Bonus Points to anyone who knows why I named this image "Matango"    afro

Attack of the Mushroom People!  My history teacher has a Matango poster in the room.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:08:26 PM by BrutalToad » Logged

Kalo’smi lokaksayakrt-pravrddho
Lokan smahartum-iha pravrttah|

rte’pi twam na bhavisyanti sarve
ye’vasthitah pratyanikesu yodhah
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 04:00:52 PM »

Bonus Points to anyone who knows why I named this image "Matango"    afro

Attack of the Mushroom People!  My history teacher has a Matango poster in the room.

OK, fair enough... but you have to share the points with your history teacher!

Wel lEnTaoed
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 05:27:45 PM »

Buddhabrot in ther background with mandelbrot up front in plasma!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: