Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:05:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Version 1.45.01 'PR' with Image Centering, Context Menu, and Faster  (Read 2251 times)
Description: a pre-release version, offering better and new features
rickz65
« on: April 05, 2010, 08:38:46 PM »

Hi Everybody !
  I've got a Pre-Release version for you this time, as I didn't update the Help file yet, and there are a few more new features I wanted to put in this version.
I extend Thanks to Sockratease for the tips on improvements, and also Thanks to Nahee_Enterprises for the links about .map color files. The ability to load and save colors as .map files will be in the Final Release of 1.45.01. Please post your suggestions, so I can make Many Fractals more of what you want.

The Following is the 'Low-Down' on what's new, taken from http://manyfractals.org

Added: Image Centering where you can select a point to center on or you can select an Area to center on ! Also Added an option of scaling the Magnify-Zoom Box from the center, instead of by the corner. I put these options in an easy access menu called 'Mouse Function' where you can select what the mouse cursor means/does, ie: Magnify, Pick Julia points, Center the current image, or make a new Centered Image, and in the Final release version, Drag-Scroll image. There is now a Right-Click Context Menu available when you Right-Click on the image, instead of previously just meaning 'GO' !

Improvements: 'e-Smoothing' performance has been greatly increased. Eye-Candy performance as well. Raw Data Compression on Gradient Color images now can compress the data, before the data was incompressible. The speed performance of Gradient Coloring over-all has been improved, without loss of quality. The Magnify-Zoom has been some what re-engineered, and is 'dead-on' accurate, it was accurate before in the coordinates it produced, but had slight disagreement with the visual representation. What you see INSIDE the Magnify-Zoom Box is exactly what you get for the area of an image !

Fixes: added term 'Bailout' to abs(Z) Limit in Control Panel. fixed mis-handling of raw data, with Gradient Coloring, in Auto-Magnify and a sound variable used with Eye-Candy's Peak Meter.

Final Release Version:  Image Drag-Scrolling, .map color files and 'tracing out' set points and 2 more color methods to add. Better Sound handling. A menu for the Color Editor. Improve Color Quality on 16 - 256 color and 16 bit bitmaps and icons. Full Screen Display mode ! Update to a newer version of QuickLZ, for faster and multi-threaded compression.

OH ! ... and of course, UPDATE The Help File to version 1.45.01 !!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 12:03:51 AM by Sockratease » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:03:20 AM »

I hope you don't mind me editing your post to fix the link!

There was an extra "t" in "http" - I took the liberty of just editing it...

Looking forward to playing wit the updated version   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
rickz65
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 04:39:50 AM »

very appreciated ... Thanks ... I think I either had too much coffee this morning, or not enough  wink
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: