Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 19, 2024, 11:46:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Tetrabrot ? Missing a feature !  (Read 1748 times)
maverdigitalarts
« on: November 09, 2006, 09:56:39 PM »

Hello, me again.

I thought that i have got the formula for Tetrabrots, but looking at the result i see just 2 Tetra extensions of the main
Body. There should be four.

How to accomplish that ?

Following the formula i used and the result :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        aa1 = a1 * a1;
        bb1 = b1 * b1;
        twoab1 = 2 * a1 * b1;
        a1 = aa1 - bb1 + x;
        b1 = twoab1 + y;

aa2 = a2 * a2;
        bb2 = b2 * b2;
        twoab2 = 2 * a2 * b2;
        a2 = aa2 - bb2 + x;
        b2 = twoab2 + z;

aa3 = a3 * a3;
        bb3 = b3 * b3;
        twoab3 = 2 * a3 * b3;
        a3 = aa3 - bb3 - z;
        b3 = twoab3 + y;

infinitytest = aa1 + bb1 + aa2 + bb2 + aa3 + bb3;  
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.maverdigitalarts.de/fracts/tetra.jpg

maverdigitalarts
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:33:44 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 09:33:42 AM »

interesting "slicing" effect; from what (very) little i can tell from that snip, you're doing a 3d escape-time ("infinity") test right? if that's the case, then it looks like your bounding box isn't cubic, so you can expect bits to not be sampled.

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 07:24:05 PM »

Hello, me again.
    I thought that i have got the formula for Tetrabrots, but looking at the result i see just 2 Tetra extensions of
    the main Body.   There should be four.   How to accomplish that ?

http://www.maverdigitalarts.de/fracts/tetra.jpg

Are you sure that each of those "sides" should be the same??  After all, the "top" and "bottom" are different, why not the adjacent sides as well??  Or do you want something that will have all sides to be the same??

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:36:13 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

maverdigitalarts
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 10:59:30 PM »

Are you sure that each of those "sides" should be the same??  After all, the "top" and "bottom" are different, why not the adjacent sides as well??  Or do you want something that will have all sides to be the same??

Hey Paul,

Yes i want the four side symmetry like shown in the drawing below.

Bulbs seems to be difficult to achieve, but the cubics are in the tetrabrot alike formula, but i must have done a mistake, there are just "2 cubic towers", there should be four.

http://www.maverdigitalarts.de/fracts/BulbyMandel.jpg
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:39:38 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
maverdigitalarts
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2006, 11:01:33 PM »

interesting "slicing" effect; from what (very) little i can tell from that snip, you're doing a 3d escape-time ("infinity") test right? if that's the case, then it looks like your bounding box isn't cubic, so you can expect bits to not be sampled.

Hi!

Do you have any suggestion how to correct that ?

Greetings...
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 06:38:27 AM »

hmm if i'm correct about the escapetime guess (confimed?), just enlarge the bounding box so that all 3 sides (cf. only 2) have the same length.

maverdigitalarts
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 09:55:30 PM »

hmm if i'm correct about the escapetime guess (confimed?), just enlarge the bounding box so that all 3 sides (cf. only 2) have the same length.

If i have understood correctly, enlarging the bounding box means to decrese the zoom factor ?

I tried it, also set the infinity test to a higher value. with no effect.

Could be a mistake in the formula.
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 09:18:34 AM »

to explain by way of analogy, consider making an image of a (filled) circle. this is just the set { x,y | x^2 + y^2 <= r^2 } so we have a way to check if a point (x,y) belongs to the set, just compare it to our radius given that formula.

let's say we have r = 2, and we test all x and y in the interval [-1,+1]. we won't see the full circle because we're not testing all the points in the circle/disc's domain; what we need to do is enlarge the bounding box so as to test all points that will contribute to the image, in this case by just using the interval [-2,+2] or by setting r = 1.

back to your case: it seems to me from the image you posted that your bounding box isn't cubic - you sample the x and y directions sufficiently, but the z/height is chopped off. i'm guessing this because it looks like there's a clean slice at some z-value, instead of the irregular features seen in the other dimensions.

of course i can't rule out whether or not your formula is incorrect ;) i've never rendered the tetrabrot before.

maverdigitalarts
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 11:34:19 PM »

Hi!

Like i said i am not a Math!     <grin>

Got some extra features  by appliying a dirty trick.

On front side now we have two towers, instead of one like on the sides.

well....

http://www.maverdigitalarts.de/fracts/TetraCeta.jpg

PS:
    My images are just Tetrabrot alike achievements
    Original TetraBrot using bicomplex dynamics by Dominic Rochon
    http://www.3dfractals.com/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 07:42:41 AM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: