Logo by LAR2 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:54:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Ultra Fractal - Ying Yang :-)  (Read 3660 times)
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« on: November 08, 2006, 07:00:52 PM »

Thats my latest * construction * with a play I sent ! :-)))
If somebody likes - I share it here ...

YingYang {
::xRsv7hn2tXVTPutNQ07Gw/HE0drlfISRmAeJApAFo5S3T5UAjEtNRkJVpo3sO/67QJLZnsSJ
  ot5QPEfwQamhv5NDHNv9BddU3+qtbyyi2YrRl/er7w71uD5Zf22EPq4losjG7hjxhHb1XMhe
  FJdi6gpxG7V5v7xXjxPIeggQ88tbGiZAzTm4Rfjq16M6QWtuLa9OV+fkCIjkn570124FFGhg
  YDHMn8NGVjd/eTw4qNb3cS31BMaAtajLaCqdoiKBwFOqU8AqARFyKOnSZZn0HcKUB8sExY8M
  oMgSSiKgIkD1YQ7637Dn6V4tbmfbA992WjTfCaB96TFnfefeGkvwlxWyuUP5xabfvPkn19hg
  5QqUSWTHu7D192vYUF00v0rzcF4I8+g3kjgPq2RQb3kS85W9YfS/sNFO0HggNh6jm6Ppq9ue
  T4Jd0+k5O69YU7a0hmiz7PlnO9Va+Yrvz8OwnpNxw+oOEVohs35/MgOZ45Pqtt+zRFuA92EP
  Sk3vffvBCuAN8jxAbfZ4uozHB4t6Wwyzwty0dJ4vvWDd3qREGfjMAR60mnMhLD1kzvdj11bb
  Mv62VwgdnJr33abUlEJFxkEp4uy83SzmWXs4cd79l5IWpKc8Jlz5gXcKM8fr/AMxoG64n8eY
  +9ipfkhRfrBydtJV5b3AtgXyprF3IrQ3PSM3zByMxk3o7t15XR/SnR9nGd72NHC6GLEyA0XZ
  hznBX86hxfMOzCXSPr48safrHu25VVVEM7qdJZyODTR4yEOjewI8VXoZLsv1Cp8qFJB+Sgc/
  xhG8oLKHgiWe1OBNxECtihlTQRY0hv7mJDBLIT+mxqEVJxE+V7UYCe0OTQFlE2t0TRy7wii5
  TNC6cFDZgLlC46Zczw30DHDHNv3gwm6ZY6CGpDrpepdGeBjVLBrocZEACvAHQLRCMZFMwwGr
  FsC7tWwKXuCIilAhsITI4VYChIWyaZ5SWZrwES1iMRuEIU8K3MUySgQXkJ016J0qvqF+fXQ6
  QwYc//XLy+zXLaFVnfkkzINWX15lSOI8LlcGRZRVny/9SOrow89kXGJyaKMwepvr6SjBACmp
  E3IS/fFi/jVX+dYky60hL/YJmdYxsIz0mdO85f5sIxkGBGGdhB4bLp54ZRJWlkJKnXuNhEFz
  EIMf2u4mGBjAS585kgruhlASU186pJNCCSWRKF3SPw8Jf8kChQMdG6kGhANHLDdn+EFXhl8y
  ZnzEG0IpC0dOmkMl87S8sG0X3p2BfCNJaVVKJlofJO9LxpfiiT/NX/bNnB==
}
titia
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 07:12:09 PM »

Wonderful Margit!
...you can upload the ufr file as an attachment...that is easier.

Titia
rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 04:10:03 AM »

Hi,

If I remember correctly, you had made some Yin-Yang symbols.

I am hoping to talk someone into creating the following Yin-Yang symbol, or direct me to where I can find a pre-existing symol of this type.

What I am thinking of is the traditional Y-Y symbol, but instead of having the small internal spheres being solid, have them as miniature copies of the whole symbol.  And within the miniatures, have their internal spheres be even tinier copies of the whole symbol.  I am not sure how many discrete levels of spheres could be included and still be resolved on the screen.

Have you played around with this idea before?

Rob
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:45:03 AM »

forum member enzedblue has made a something similar (yin-yang apollonian set): http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=408159

GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 03:26:22 PM »

Rob wrote >What I am thinking of is the traditional Y-Y symbol, but instead of having the small internal spheres being solid, have them as miniature copies of the whole symbol.  And within the miniatures, have their internal spheres be even tinier copies of the whole symbol.  I am not sure how many discrete levels of spheres could be included and still be resolved on the screen

To answer your question Rob I would say Lycium sent a wonderful link here
http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=408159 ( Sun and Moon & Yin Yang Yong Jung )

All I did in the past was a simple try with UF Ying Yang Mapping and my UF Fractals ...

( created with Chebychev, Julia Tricorn & Lambda Formula )

But with a good Layerplay as you can see from the link to  eNZedBlue( I am not the profi here :-) ) I think you could arrive here smiley

Margit
rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 04:33:19 PM »

So far everything I have seen is quite different, and much more complicated, than what I described.

I could not get into the Ned Blue site because I don't have a password.

My next step in realizing my goal will be to download a picture of the black-and-white symbol from Wikipedia, take it to a copy machine that does enlargements and reductions, and make a hard-copy paste-up of what I have in mind.

If it looks good enough, I may commission someone less computer-illiterate than myself to generate an electronic version.

Thanks for the responses,
Rob
lycium
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 11:30:37 PM »

I could not get into the Ned Blue site because I don't have a password.

no password necessary.

rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2006, 11:48:51 PM »

The yin-yang symbol shown on the opening page is not the specific design that I am looking for.

When I try to browse any of the galleries for the specific design that I am looking for, I am asked for my name and password.
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 08:50:09 PM »

Hi,    If I remember correctly, you had made some Yin-Yang symbols.
    I am hoping to talk someone into creating the following Yin-Yang symbol, or direct me to where I can find a pre-existing symol of this type.
    What I am thinking of is the traditional Y-Y symbol, but instead of having the small internal spheres being solid,
    have them as miniature copies of the whole symbol.   And within the miniatures, have their internal spheres be
    even tinier copies of the whole symbol.   I am not sure how many discrete levels of spheres could be included
    and still be resolved on the screen.
    Have you played around with this idea before?     Rob

This can be accomplished without much effort using a basic graphic editor.  The problem is that the spheres are already very small in comparison to the whole Yin-Yang symbol.  A sphere's diameter is approximately one-sixth of the symbol's diameter.  You would not get very far before the smallest level was not worth shrinking to, unless you started with a very large image in the beginning.

In fact, if you created the whole symbol as a vector graphic image (instead of as a raster type), then it would be quite easy to manipulate the image in the way you want it to appear.  And it would also allow you to easily expand and contract it at will without loss of data.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:05:56 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

rloldershaw
Navigator

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 12:53:01 AM »

Thanks very much for the response.  Since I do not even know what a "graphics editor" is (I am not kidding or exaggerating), I have had to use my own cut-and-paste method.

I downloaded and printed out a basic black-and-white symbol.  When I xeroxed this at 25% reduction (twice) I got miniature symbols, which I pasted onto the original, and voila!

I quickly discovered that you are right about not being able to visualize many discrete levels of structure.  So far my methods only allow two levels to be readily visible.  My guess is that one could get 3 levels if you start with 2nd level circles that are a bit larger that usual.

I am content playing at this in my own way, but if anyone else out there wants to do it the right way, I would be delighted to see the results.

Thanks again for your response.

Rob
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 02:22:26 AM »

Thanks very much for the response.

You are more than welcome.   smiley

Since I do not even know what a "graphics editor" is (I am not kidding or exaggerating)......

A graphics editor is usually any computer application that allows one to manipulate the image in some way.  One such program is "Paint" which comes with the Windows operating system.

Graphics data (what actually ends up making the image) is traditionally divided into two classes:  Raster (or Bitmap)  and  Vector.

Raster images, those that are produced from Bitmap data, is formed from a set of numerical values specifying the color of individual pixels or picture elements (pels).  Pixels are the dots of color arranged on a regular grid in a pattern representing the form to be displayed.  Some programs that handle this particular type are Adobe Photoshop, Corel PhotoPaint, Micrografx Picture Publisher, Jasc PaintShopPro, etc...

Vector data usually refers to a means of representing lines, polygons, or curves (or any object that can be easily drawn with lines) by numerically specifying key points.  The job of a program rendering this key-point data is to regenerate the lines by somehow connecting the key points or by drawing using the key point for guidance.  Some programs that handle this particular type are Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Micrografx Designer, etc...

This latter type would be the most useful for creating the type of image that you wish accomplished.

I have had to use my own cut-and-paste method.      ..........
     I quickly discovered that you are right about not being able to visualize many discrete levels of structure.

Yes, this would be the physical method of creating your vision.  So the larger your initial symbol image, and/or the smaller sphere inside, then the more levels you should be able to achieve.

If I have time available, I may create a vector type image of what you want.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:12:56 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: