Logo by yv3 - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 02:24:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Wonky behavior of httpd (onset March 26 2010 approx 02:00h EST)  (Read 1058 times)
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« on: March 26, 2010, 10:11:59 AM »

The site's sluggish serving pages tonight. Sometimes very sluggish, taking a full minute. There are also infrequent, erroneous "connection reset" messages; these should never occur since this server's http port (80) should obviously be open at all times.

Repeated reloadings of a page are sometimes needed to get it to do more than just stall with a blank page displayed and an unmoving progress meter that's 70 or 80% of the way to finished. (I'd think the text on the page should at least have rendered by that point, but no. It's invariably still blank.)

This started about 2am Eastern time. It may or may not be related to the buggy behavior of the gallery upload feature. However, you created new gallery sections within the last few days for the contest, and not only do the new sections exhibit buggy behavior that is (thus far) preventing anyone from actually adding images to them successfully, but this other buggy behavior has developed within a quite short time, so it seems fairly likely there's some connection.

Disturbingly, the httpd problem seems to be getting steadily worse over time; at this rate the site will be effectively unreachable by 7 am.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:15:21 AM by Pauldelbrot » Logged

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 01:29:26 PM »

hmm, i encountered problems like this repeatedly over the last monthes, last time i tried
to fix it using htaccess, or something else, but it seems that my provider has server problems from time to time ( during nights, backups ? i dunno )
right now it seems to be stable again

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pauldelbrot
Fractal Senior

pderbyshire2
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 09:26:44 PM »

right now it seems to be stable again

It's not.

Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 12:19:39 AM »

I haven't had any problems... right now it's 7:18 (right?) in Eastern Time, no problems. At about 3:00 AM eastern I was using FF, and without problems...  undecided

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 12:22:50 AM »

i deactivated the pretty urls cache now, should be workin now better

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: