Logo by reallybigname - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 24, 2024, 08:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: FractalForums.com Spring 2010 Fractal Art Competition  (Read 20718 times)
Description: the annual FractalForums.com fractal art competition is held a third time in row
GFWorld
Fractal Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 06:06:27 PM »

@margit nice to see you back here, and thank you from all here for providing us with prices this year!

Thank´s dear Mr.Trifox :-)))

I always try to follow here, whenever I had & have
to reduce my possible PC time a bit allover these last weeks / month - so that´s my contribution for a great FF this year 2010 :-)))

>@margit why is it that you always write in green ?!

Color green , RGB 150 & around,  I took it for my website too. Green - the color of nature & working  fine with RGB 000 - that´s the whole  * mystery * :-)))

Margit
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 08:47:25 AM »

@KRAFTWERK, i updated your low quality preview images in the teasing threads

Thanks!

LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 11:03:44 AM »

Hi everyone. I'm relatively new here and I didn't have the chance to know Titia Van Beugen. However, I'm sure that there are fractals beyond life too. Bigger, more colourful, and more fractalic!

I will try to post my contest entry today, but until then I will try to figure out where to post the thumbnails - in the corresponding Gallery section or in the corresponding child board section or in both places...
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:50:33 AM »

please only upload your image to the corresponding gallery section, thumbnails are generated automatically!!! ( at least they should! )

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
LhoghoNurbs
Safarist

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 11:53:49 AM »

Actually, I just added my entry in the contest (http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=1964).

I have a question to the admin - the URL to the film on YouTube creates automatically the code to insert the video object in the post. Unfortunately, it is tuned to 4:3 aspect ratio, while my film is 16:9. Is there any way for me to readjust the aspect ratio?
Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 08:09:37 PM »

questions:
is it allowed to combine two or three images like background+foreground, because my program doesnt support images for background or clouds?
And the votes will be averaged to give a result, or all stars are added?
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:38 PM »

questions:
is it allowed to combine two or three images like background+foreground, because my program doesnt support images for background or clouds?
And the votes will be averaged to give a result, or all stars are added?

From the Rules:

Post working images for color saturation, hue shifting, sharpness / blurring,and even just for fun is also permitted.

I'd say that fits in with "Post Work" - so unless Trifox objects, I say Absolutely yes  police

Unsure on the vote count part though...

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 10:10:15 PM »

in the mandelbrot section it isnt, in the fun section everything is allowed!

---

aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 04:33:45 PM »

I have a random question!  Before I upload my images to a site or enter a contest, I just like to verify that if for whatever reason I have the ability to remove/delete my own image from the site (in this case the contest gallery).

I just like to feel that I have control over my own images.

Thanks.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 05:52:58 PM »

I have a random question!  Before I upload my images to a site or enter a contest, I just like to verify that if for whatever reason I have the ability to remove/delete my own image from the site (in this case the contest gallery).

I just like to feel that I have control over my own images.

Thanks.

The permissions are set to allow users to delete their own images, so if you can't - let us know!

But doing so with contest entries is not a good idea.  People could abuse it and swap out images if they are unhappy after entering them technically allowing them to bypass the 3 entry limit   police

So if someone chooses to edit or delete contest entries, it may have adverse effects on the legitimacy of their other entries.

I think.

Maybe.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »

police police police police
you have to write a mail to the administrator ( ME ! ) and i will take care to delete the image physically from the web server, although i believe the gallery also does that
before hitting on a delete action on one of your images, make copies of the thumbnail and big image urls, and save them in a text editor,
if you can still call these images in your browser (AFTER deleting the cache) contact me, and i will remove the files ....

---

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2010, 10:26:38 PM »

police police police police
you have to write a mail to the administrator ( ME ! ) and i will take care to delete the image physically from the web server, although i believe the gallery also does that
before hitting on a delete action on one of your images, make copies of the thumbnail and big image urls, and save them in a text editor,
if you can still call these images in your browser (AFTER deleting the cache) contact me, and i will remove the files ....

In that case, would it be wise to alter the current permissions settings? 

As it is, people who never saw this thread may delete images and nobody would know! This may leave them on the server.  Perhaps a test is in order?

I only checked what permissions were already set, and replied with that information.  It never occurred to me there may be more to it...

aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 12:39:01 AM »

Thanks for the reply.

I have no intention of actually uploading an image then removing it or doing anything that would interfere with the contest.  I was just curious smiley
poorfuckedupnature
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2010, 10:29:49 PM »

Hello!

I only can "mark read" / "notify" (at fractal fun / fractal movies / mandel brot). I want to send some threads for the competition.  
I can't start a "new topic" there. sad
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:26:39 PM by poorfuckedupnature » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2010, 12:11:01 AM »

Hello!

I only can "mark read" / "notify" (at fractal fun / fractal movies / mandel brot). I want to send some threads for the competition.  
I can't start a "new topic" there. sad

The competition entries are entered in the Gallery  (Link up top)  and a thread is automatically created in the forum by the software.

So just go to the gallery, and upload the appropriate stuffs to the appropriate categories and all will be well   afro

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: