Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 04:42:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: independent film maker requires help from fractal animators  (Read 1090 times)
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« on: March 24, 2010, 01:35:22 AM »

Hi everyone - I had a guy email me. He is an independent film maker and is looking for an animation for his production. He wanted me to create a Mandelbrot fractal animation for him

1920 x 1080
duration 4-6 minutes

he requires that the animation would zoom into the fractal and go into,( pass by), (at least) 7 different Mandelbrot sets. (can be more but not less than 7) The ending would need to go "inside" the black area of the last set so that the screen would be all black at the end.

This is the feel and the pace of what he needs

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9G6uO7ZHtK8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9G6uO7ZHtK8&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

he thinks this one has great color

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEw8xpb1aRA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/gEw8xpb1aRA&rel=1&fs=1&hd=1</a>

at first he said he needed it in two weeks and I told him I just cant do it that quickly, I said 2 months as I have a lot of work rendering at the moment and it cant be put on hold. Then he talked to his producer and said may 1st at the absolute latest. I just know if I try to render this I will not have it done by then, so I wondered if anyone here has the cpu cycles free to do this within his time frame?

This guy asked me how much it would cost for this animation (asked me to go easy on the price as he is independent film maker and the cash is coming out of his own pocket) - but I never quoted him a price as I am unable to meet his requirements - so if any of you want to earn some bucks then give me a shout and I will put you in touch with him if you want to do the whole thing - or I can create the animation (ultra fractal) send it to you and then you render it.

Thanks for reading and I hope you can help.

(I have posted this post twice as I was not quite sure where it should go?)

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:38 AM »

thanks for the reply - I look forward to seeing your animation. the stills you have posted look awesome...  (and would look even better if you added a few more iterations wink )

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:23:45 AM »

Looks like Power8 beat me to it  sad

If for some reason it turns out to be too much for them, I have a decent computer which I can run as a dedicated animation toy, and a place to upload the finished work with unlimited bandwidth (and the ability to split the video into multi part "rar" archives for easier downloading if the file is HUGE) (we all know how big uncompressed animation files can be!)  (I estimate 3 to 4 GB per minute at that resolution, uncompressed - and I assume hosting the finished work is part of the deal).

I don't want to seem to be trying to take the job from the first responder!  So consider me a backup in case there are unforeseen issues related to the points I raised, or of another nature.

My medical bills would be grateful  (see my recent re-introduction thread).

Since you have replies here, and I am supposed to help keep the boards "clean" - would you mind if I deleted the duplicate thread in the "Commission an Artist" section?

EDIT - I just locked the other topic, but put a link here inside it so folks can still reply in this topic!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 10:51:43 AM by Sockratease » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 02:26:47 PM »

well I still dont have a reply from power8  cry and time is of the essence on this one Sockratease! Plus I know your good for this kind of thing  cheesy So if you are still interested drop me an email asap
teamfresh@hd-fractals.com
and i will give you the guys email and you can hammer out the details with him
(i think its safe to delete the duplicate post)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 02:30:09 PM by teamfresh » Logged

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:11:51 PM »

Email sent...

Sounds like a fun project!   afro

Thanks for considering me  embarrass

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:31 PM »

Oh poo...

I am going to have to buy Ultra Fractal now!

I always said it was too expensive, but now I have a good reason.

I tried to load the ufr file into ChaosPro, but it keeps crashing   fiery

I think I'll write whazzizname and ask if he wants a few pics from various places in the dive or if he trusts your ideas enough to take whatever comes out  (I never much cared for the default palette in UF, but not sure about his tastes!).

The file is set for low resolution, but I assume the dimensions mentioned are what is needed here, right?

Apart from that, and waiting to hear from Mr. Movieman, I think I can get this started tonight.  Those later parts of the dive will take hours per frame, so let's hope there is enough time for it to render!

teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 02:38:40 AM »

i think im going to try to work the animation with layers so that should stop the need for going so deep. I tried to keep it as shallow as poss but traveling through 7 sets without going to deep is a task and a half even with a quad core - must sleep now

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: