Logo by MandelBRO - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 01:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: retro fractal  (Read 1321 times)
lsi
« on: March 14, 2010, 04:50:55 PM »

Hiya,

First post, pls excuse any lameness..

Sooo... I'm finding this amusing, thought I'd share, hopin someone digs my minimalism..

No, this was not made with an image to ASCII converter, it's a memory dump.  The fractal is in memory awaiting output as a bitmap.  The image will be 100x100 pixels, 16 colours.  So there are 10,000 numbers in the pic below.

Now, back to my Javascript-based renderer... wink
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 05:15:18 PM by lsi » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 05:06:37 PM »

Well, I like it  afro  I've always liked minimalism.  Even in music.

That's original if nothing else.

Welcome to the forums!

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 05:41:51 PM »

Been there, done that smiley Well, actually, it was p01 who "done" that, but nvm.
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:17:43 PM »

Neat picture, neat flash.

P.S. - Makc, despite you clever homage to wonderfl in your program, one never gets to see the "I<3" part due to your high bailout.  evil

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2010, 10:02:56 PM »

Awesome.  cheesy

aluminumstudios
Conqueror

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 02:17:03 AM »

A nice peak into how your computer sees fractals  smiley
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 02:27:01 AM »

First post, pls excuse any lameness..
Sooo... I'm finding this amusing, thought I'd share, hopin someone digs my minimalism..
No, this was not made with an image to ASCII converter, it's a memory dump.

Greetings, and Welcome to this particular Forum !!!    smiley

I still remember doing something similar a few decades ago.  But it was an IBM mainframe running an Assembler program that read in punched cards.  The program would take the data and generate an image, printing it out in ASCII on the old green bar computer paper.  (I believe I still have that old program and a few of those cards.)    cheesy   wink

lsi
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 12:21:09 PM »

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments and inspiration, I shall continue on my journey.. longtime fractal fan, reformed fractint addict, have decided I want to build my own fractint, the above was the first product of that - as it no doubt was for those above, hence the been there done that, I was totally excited to read that cos it means I am on the path... smiley

Indeed makc, next up for me is zoom, pan and rotate.  I don't quite understand the algorithm I copied and pasted from the net am using, so am looking forward to comparing your source with mine, nice one.

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 01:35:14 PM »

Cool. reminds me of the eighties  afro

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:46 AM »

.... longtime fractal fan, reformed FractInt addict, have decided I want to
build my own FractInt, the above was the first product of that....

Then I assume you are aware of Paul de Leeuw's program MANPWIN, which is based on FRACTINT but is a full 32-bit program with true color support.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: