Logo by Fiery - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 12:34:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Mandelbox Man!  (Read 4347 times)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« on: March 11, 2010, 02:01:25 AM »

Look who I found hanging around the outskirts of the Mandelbox:

http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/mandelboxman.png

I grew up watching things like Ultraman, and this reminds me of some of those Crazy Japanese Robots I kept seeing in those marvelous shows.

I was going to post him in the Mandelbulb Renders section, but he's just too funny for any section but this one!

I used Mandelbulb3D,  and haven't figured out how to zoom properly for an animation yet, so here's a badly constructed and very rough gif file to show where he was standing...

http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/mandelboxman.gif

« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 12:47:32 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »

Upside-down, it starts to look like some Transformers head... The two halves of the mouth become the eyes, the lower lip becomes his helmet thingy, and the eyes become his...jowels?  tongue stuck out

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
teamfresh
Fractal Lover

nothing is everything

fractalco
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:33:41 AM »

that is awesome - very japanesy!!!

Jesse
Download Section
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 06:07:00 PM »

I used Mandelbulb3D,  and haven't figured out how to zoom properly for an animation yet,...

Yes, this feature is hard to find, because 3D zooming or a path mode for an animation is not implemented yet  smiley

So very well done!

PS: just updated the program, should be faster to render the Mandelbox...
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:15:18 PM »

Thanks Everyone!

I used Mandelbulb3D,  and haven't figured out how to zoom properly for an animation yet,...

Yes, this feature is hard to find, because 3D zooming or a path mode for an animation is not implemented yet  smiley

So very well done!

PS: just updated the program, should be faster to render the Mandelbox...

I figured out how to zoom a little, but it came out sort of random and I had issues with zooming in to - or away from - a specific location.

I learned on keyframe type animators and need to figure out what Mandelbulb3D wants me to do  head batting

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 06:27:03 PM »

this looks great cheesy

Could you do a higher res shot of just the head? It looks a lot like an Mbulb style bulb...
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:04:36 PM »

this looks great cheesy

Could you do a higher res shot of just the head? It looks a lot like an Mbulb style bulb...

Thanks!  Glad others like him too...  I thought it was just me when I first saw this image.

Here's a 3200 pixel wide shot of the same image I rendered when I first found him:  http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/mandelboxman3.png

If you want an even larger one, or just a high resolution of just the head, let me know.  Only problem is that I can see two different ways to define the head!  A little one on top, and a big one where the upper one just becomes part of the skull.

Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 11:51:01 PM »

I did a big render close up of the head, just for funzies, and was surprised at the number of MiniMandelboxMen that became clearer.

I shouldn't have been surprised.  It's a Fractal, and self-similarity is one of the few things people can agree on as part of the definition of a fractal...  but I was still not expecting quite so many MiniMen to resolve!

http://www.sockrateaze.com/stuff/mandelboxmanhed.png

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 11:57:21 PM »

My first impression is that it looks like what the Aztecs would have created if they had built robotic transformers way back when.    wink

But I do find this "guy" rather interesting.    cheesy

kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »

Thanks, those images are just as I wanted them cheesy
They look great!
And in some way that (smaller) head does resemble an Mbulb, split up into several plates and a bit sharper but similar in rough shape and in that there is another miniman basically coming out of the tip of its head. (Well, not in the way an antenna would as it quite surely is disconnected, but a certain correlation is rather undoubtable in my opinion...)

A very interesting region you found there cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: