Logo by Tglad - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 07:10:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Flight trough the inside of a minibulb  (Read 2487 times)
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« on: March 08, 2010, 12:27:33 PM »

Flight trough the inside of a minibulb

I did this “animation” frame by frame, so it is a bit “jerky” @ places.

I just want to show how much interesting shapes the minibulbs contains....

I hope that some of you rendering experts some day will find a way to display this dense place.

WARNING, it is a SURREAL ROLLERCOSTER  afro afro afro

...and sorry, I could just make it work as a gif-animation....

MAde it smaller now... about 17 MB:

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/067/3/e/Flight_2_the_inside_by_MANDELWERK.gif

Preview:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 04:09:37 PM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »

What kind of renderer did you use? I am not entirely sure that it really works for inside views; some of those images seem too smooth and featureless for a fractal.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »

What kind of renderer did you use? I am not entirely sure that it really works for inside views; some of those images seem too smooth and featureless for a fractal.

Yeah, I know, I used Subblues pix-benderscript. Not well suited for these kind of renderings.

Anyway, one gets the idea that this place is full of shapes, and as I said, I hope someone with better tools will explore it better than me some day...

Johan

KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »

BTW, the "smootheness" is partly because I can have no more than 10 iterations, if I use more, the details blinds the camera totally... It was meant as a teaser for our DE-experts, not as a real documentation of the inside.

hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:42:51 PM »

I didn't mean to criticize you. I really shouldn't, because my brute force renderer could well be one of the less bad tools for inside views of the Mandelbulb ... so if anybody ought to get to work, it should probably be myself. Consider it an item somewhere on my list! Maybe not the very top, though.
KRAFTWERK
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Virtual Surreality

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 08:49:11 AM »

No problem! I actually didn't take it as critique Hobold, just felt a need to explain why I did the animation, even if it probably shows a lot of artefacts I am sure that a lot of the shapes are for real.

And I hope someone with more knowledge than me makes a much better version some day...

A bit of Makin-DE-Magic perhaps wink

Been thinking a lot of how it would be possible to see more in there, maybe if there is a "cutout" sphere around the camera or something similar...  afro ...dunno... wink

Glad if you can fix your renderer to do the job, I like Brute force! grin
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 08:50:47 AM by KRAFTWERK » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: