Logo by Pauldelbrot - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 07:51:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: 3D Fractal Realtime Rendering  (Read 6421 times)
Description: Rendering 3D Fractals in real time using GPU
okankoese
Forums Newbie

« on: November 18, 2017, 04:48:22 PM »

Hi guys,

in April 2015 I implemented a 3D Fractal renderer using Unity3D and compute shaders as my bachelor thesis. Actually, I wanted to share my results back in 2015 but somehow I didn't come around doing it embarrass..
The software is not 100% bug-free, due to its nature of being a bachelor thesis tease. However, I think, it's fun to play around with.

I also slightly modified the software in order to render the 3d Fractals side-by-side and so inspect them on a stereoscopic 4k curved 60" display. That was fun too and also ran in real time grin. Back then I also tried some rendering for Oculus Rift too.

You can download the software on my website (http://www.okankoese.de/portfolio/3d-fractals/), which does't contain the modifications for stereoscopic rendering. The software was only deployed for windows.

Further notes: A fellow student and I also made it possible to export the rendered 3D Fractals in order to triangulate a 3D Model and 3D print a fractal. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of it, but maybe will add some to my website at some point.

Hope you'll enjoy.

Best regards.
Okan
knighty
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 08:05:06 PM »

Cool!
Just in case, there is a job offer at the new fractalforums site that you may find interesting (hope it is not too late). cheesy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: