Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2024, 09:59:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: BulbBox - An Amazing Fractal extension  (Read 10449 times)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:38 AM »

awesome!
the process is clear, first iterations get the shape of the base fractal, areas that are not bailouted are then passed to another formula, which gives nice starting values

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »

O.o 6 then alternate looks AMAZING!
One of the best things I've seen so far!

This reminds me of the random sign Mset... what about different intervals of alternation or even random alternation? cheesy

EDIT: Oh, and if I remember all I read about it sofar corretly, then the Mbox has more parameters than the Mset/Mbulb... So... What about alternating parameters through iteration? (Not just increasing but alternating in different ways)
A lot of awesomeness to be discovered, I guess.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 08:35:42 PM by kram1032 » Logged
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »

Someone sent me my fractal xmas tree early.  Reminds me of spring too (the top and bottom one: daisies coming up).  Those are nice happy fractal images. 

cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2010, 11:33:40 PM »

O.o 6 then alternate looks AMAZING!
One of the best things I've seen so far!

This reminds me of the random sign Mset... what about different intervals of alternation or even random alternation? cheesy

EDIT: Oh, and if I remember all I read about it sofar corretly, then the Mbox has more parameters than the Mset/Mbulb... So... What about alternating parameters through iteration? (Not just increasing but alternating in different ways)
A lot of awesomeness to be discovered, I guess.

you can try this out with the uf5 formulas i posted, you even can make (binary) trees of alternation rules, it is real fun, i
also make good results with linear interpolating values ( the blend formulas )

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2010, 08:24:07 AM »

I really don't know what I do wrong but I can't get the code to work :S

As what should I save it to use it?
I currently tried .upr...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: