Logo by jodyvl - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 12:51:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Not-so-Novel 3D technique  (Read 4645 times)
Description: someone please render a Mandelbulb with this technique
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 05:36:26 PM »

If you use ultrafracrtal I guess you will have to rotate the camera AND change the target coordinates

i do not really get it working in uf, i changed the x coordinate of the target by a small amount, and tried changing the rotation
of the camera ...

isnt it more like, keeping the focal point the same, and just move the camera ?! on a sphere around that point ?!

hard to achieve with current parameters i think , but an easy example would be great!

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »

I don't really see how the "stable" point (the axis of rotation) is in the middle of the depth here but I agree withTrifox smiley

And yup Trifox, same focus, camera around a sphere but actually on a circle parallel to the "horizon" of the current view... (I guess, tilted views wouldn't work as well...)
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 09:03:42 PM »

Trifox you're right. It's not not that easy using Dave's UF's formula to correctly set up parameters to get the desired effect. Here is what I got after a few minutes try. Could be better, but I prefer doing .avi smiley

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
cKleinhuis
Administrator
Fractal Senior

formerly known as 'Trifox'

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »

i think just 2 frames of animation are enough, i like this method to create some fancifull depth images

so, you are just working with camera angle x and focal point x ?
or twiggle i the x/y/z  .

anyway, that last image if bib looks more like rotating ... but nice parallax

---

divide and conquer - iterate and rule - chaos is No random!
bib
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

At the borders...

100008697663777 @bib993
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »

i think just 2 frames of animation are enough, i like this method to create some fancifull depth images

so, you are just working with camera angle x and focal point x ?
or twiggle i the x/y/z  .

anyway, that last image if bib looks more like rotating ... but nice parallax

I just played with camera rotation. Hence the rotation effect and why I'm not satisfied. Anyway, not a big deal...smiley

Between order and disorder reigns a delicious moment. (Paul Valéry)
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2010, 02:59:49 AM »

Cool pictures. Has anyone tried moving the camera in a "circle", rather than a "line"? That is, when you rotate the camera around the central axis, you move it along a great circle of the sphere centered on the focus. But you could move the camera in very small circles on that sphere instead - one a bit from the left, then one a bit from the top, then one a bit from the right, then one a bit from the bottom, repeat. It might give slightly more depth perception, albeit being more dizzying.  afro

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2010, 07:25:25 AM »

I just discovered 'start3D' which creates the in-between frames for you. Just tried it. It has some artefacts, but its brand new so maybe it'll get a bit better.

http://www.start3d.com/en/3809136018/0001/1176401090250029

Looks like you can also embed it into web pages.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 07:27:39 AM by Tglad » Logged
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 12:10:33 AM »

there it works pretty good cheesy
It actually looks kind of 3D smiley
LesPaul
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 11:58:03 AM »

I'd love to see some of these in "cross-eye" stereo.  That's a really simple way to get a very convincing 3D effect.  smiley
David Makin
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

Makin' Magic Fractals
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 02:43:22 PM »

I'd love to see some of these in "cross-eye" stereo.  That's a really simple way to get a very convincing 3D effect.  smiley

I've never been able to get that to work for me sad

The meaning and purpose of life is to give life purpose and meaning.

http://www.fractalgallery.co.uk/
"Makin' Magic Music" on Jango
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »

For me, that worked in younger ages. Now it doesn't for some reason. sad

However, it might be a good idea to mix multiple ways to enhance 3Dimensionality.
That is, movement like this tumbling together with cross-eye view and other things. smiley
Tglad
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 02:04:07 AM »

Well if you look at the link, you can choose multiple ways at the same time, e.g. cross-eyed and movement.
You just upload a single image for each eye and it lets you uses wobble, and either cross eye, parallel eye, or different coloured glasses in combination.

I'm sure that once polarised 3d displays become more popular there will be a button for viewing them in this format.
I'm kind of tempted to take 2 shots with every photo I take and upload them to here, but there are a few problems with this site, it seems to only display the pics in low res, its interpolation has bugs, and the 'buy' button worries me, too commercial already.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: