Logo by jodyvl - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 10:01:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: someone i can hire to divide a fractal temple rendering into pieces to 3d print  (Read 1808 times)
Description: i need to divide a fractal temple into equal or multiple equal sections to print
living4resonance
Forums Newbie

« on: June 11, 2017, 02:43:15 AM »

is there someone i can hire that is really good at this stuff that can help me with an important project, 
I have this awesome idea maybe youall could help with, i want to build a giant fractal temple for sound ceremonies, and or saunas,  So i want to take one of these amazing temple shaped fractals and split it into equal pieces to 3d print a largish concrete form for casting concrete fractals, they will have joints on the edges in order to piece together, and create the hollow fractal building.  i have a bunch of images and ideas in the works i think it should be relatively wimple to get me a 3d print file, i have money to pay but not a whole lot, but i could come up with what is completely necessary, let me know what something like this would cost me,   thank you lots , ill post some pics so u can get an idea of what kinda stuff im talking
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:14:50 PM by living4resonance, Reason: revision of request » Logged
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:28:15 AM »

is there someone i can hire that is really good at this stuff that can help me with an important project

Yes.

But you need to give significantly more information!!

What stuff?  Project details are needed up front or you'll get a lot of replies like the following...

I'm really good at stuff like this:

How many do you want?

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
0xbeefc0ffee
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:26:19 PM »

How much money? What is the project?
living4resonance
Forums Newbie

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 06:36:37 PM »

this is a potential of the top view of a fractal temple

* mandelbulb_3d_difs_by_nic022-d7y9k5q.jpg (14.81 KB, 200x200 - viewed 181 times.)
0xbeefc0ffee
Forums Freshman

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 07:26:47 PM »

this is a potential of the top view of a fractal temple

The problem with that is you could never physically create such a complex fractal. Only approximations. And a fractal like the that does not approximate well: there will be a lot of error.

It is possible, however, to build a nice little building for your hippy sex parties and whatnot that has fractal features. That is, if you know what you are doing when it comes to building things.

Here are examples of fractals that you could realistically build using bricks or tiles:

- Menger sponge
- dragon curve tile work like Donald Knuth's house
- Cellular automata tiles like the Cambridge north railway station.
- There are known examples of ancient Sierpinski triangle mosaics.
- Make one of these out of black and white tiles http://0xbeef.coffee/posts/post4.html
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: