END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 02:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Since Fractalforums is going to be closed  (Read 3028 times)
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« on: June 06, 2017, 11:25:48 AM »

Sad but one door closes another opens.

The most important it had a lots of information about fractals. And this will be kept as an archive. That's very good. Some of information is valuable and some are not, obvious.

There are 3 questions.
1. Do the internet adress will be kept?
I used links to fractal forum threads as something like help files for my Ultra Fractal and Chaos Pro formulas. Nice and easy. Do they will be saved or should I rewrite them to something like .webarchive.attic.com/fractalforums.com/mygoodoldfractal.html

What will be with the downloads and uploads?
2. If something is uploaded in fractalforums.com posts. Say Mandelbulb3D colour files or formulas.
3. All the things in official download section.

fractal catalisator
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 11:40:03 AM »

Sad but one door closes another opens.

The most important it had a lots of information about fractals. And this will be kept as an archive. That's very good. Some of information is valuable and some are not, obvious.

There are 3 questions.
1. Do the internet adress will be kept?
I used links to fractal forum threads as something like help files for my Ultra Fractal and Chaos Pro formulas. Nice and easy. Do they will be saved or should I rewrite them to something like .webarchive.attic.com/fractalforums.com/mygoodoldfractal.html

What will be with the downloads and uploads?
2. If something is uploaded in fractalforums.com posts. Say Mandelbulb3D colour files or formulas.
3. All the things in official download section.

The only change will be that this forum will be locked to new posts and registration.

ALL posts will still remain exactly where they are.  Uploaded content will still be there and will always be available.  There will be a mirror of most things in the downloads section on the new site, but all things here shall remain available.

There will be absolutely no loss of anything other than being able to post here - but the new forum will fill that need.

A "Public Beta" should start soon and you'll have a much better understanding of how things will proceed.

But again - the only change to this site will be a lock-down of new posts and registrations, nothing at all will be lost in our vast history.

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Alef
Fractal Supremo

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 12:32:32 PM »

Relief.
So everything will be OK and I don't have to do anything.
 Repeating Zooming Self-Silimilar Thumb Up, by Craig

fractal catalisator
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: