Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 28, 2024, 03:29:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: help with errors  (Read 1690 times)
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 12:15:22 PM »

@3dickulus I thought I'd be smart by downloading the Example.zip from your site, but no such thing as 3DKn-1.0.5 in there:}

Then threw away my Examples folder and hoped the maintenancetool would notice, but it didn't;)  laugh

So now un- and reinstalled. And in the fresh install I have a brandnew 3DKn-1.0.5.frag with... 270 lines   crazy eyes You tell me;)

Btw, the missing definition of buffer in the 2D.frag: It's missing in all three versions of Fragmentarium I have on this machine, I even downloaded Syntopia's version just to check, so certainly not Your doing!
If I can assist in any way (going through raytracers and their dependencies etc) let me know smiley

sabine62.deviantart.com
3dickulus
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 02:34:31 AM »

did some checking...

my mistake, the repo version has 270 lines, 3DKn-1.0.5.frag has "equirectangular" code added and has some things removed (compared to my local working version) that are now found in "MathUtil.frag" so essentially it's fine and not missing anything.

sorry maintenancetool isn't terribly smart, from it's local records it thinks it already installed Examples so if it was manually removed then maintenancetool will not re-install, if you removed Examples with maintenancetool Add/Remove Components and it won't re-add the component then it's a lot dumber than I thought  roll eyes

a missing #buffer statement should be handled by automagically adding it and/or notifying the user in the log window with a yellow warning line

I think there was a transition point where the rendering and color processing were split into separate fragment programs and some frags just never got updated.

it would be nice to have the Examples folder and frags cleaned up a bit, certainly, if you find a problem/bug or an example that fails I'll try to fix it up for the next update.

A Beer Cup

Resistance is fertile...
You will be illuminated!

#B^] https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/fragmentarium
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 01:13:50 PM »

did some checking...

my mistake, the repo version has 270 lines, 3DKn-1.0.5.frag has "equirectangular" code added and has some things removed (compared to my local working version) that are now found in "MathUtil.frag" so essentially it's fine and not missing anything.
Hm, I think it might be missing the definition of the rand-function though, it now only has rand2... And rand does not come with complex.frag.

it would be nice to have the Examples folder and frags cleaned up a bit, certainly, if you find a problem/bug or an example that fails I'll try to fix it up for the next update.

Might get some time in the next days to give them all a run and where necessary some debugging if that falls within my capabilities. Will let you know what I find.

sabine62.deviantart.com
clacker
Forums Freshman

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 02:23:31 PM »

I found some things in the latest upload that still give me problems:

line 46 of Examples->Kali's Creations->RotJulia.frag
change from      orbitTrap=10000;
to             orbitTrap=vec4(10000);

line 37 of Examples->Include->DE-Kn8.frag
change from      #include "3DKn-test-1.0.4.frag"
to             #include "3DKn-1.0.4.frag"

Examples->Theory->Mandelbox - Dual Numbers DE - Slicer.frag
crashed, all four versions: Fragmentarium-1.0.30-nonv-noexr.exe has stopped working
on 'cologne' I get errors but no crash:
Could not link shaders: The fragment shader uses varying dirDx, but previous shader does not write to it.
The fragment shader uses varying dirDy, but previous shader does not write to it.
Out of resource error.
Failed to compile script (30 ms).

Examples->Theory->Mandelbulb-Slicer.frag
crashed, all four versions: Fragmentarium-1.0.30-nonv-noexr.exe has stopped working
on 'cologne' I get errors but no crash:
Could not link shaders: The fragment shader uses varying dirDx, but previous shader does not write to it.
The fragment shader uses varying dirDy, but previous shader does not write to it.
Out of resource error.
Failed to compile script (55 ms).

Examples->Theory->Mandelbox - Dual Numbers DE.frag
Could not find: AntiAlias
Could not find: BoundingSphere
Could not find: foldingValue
(just warnings but none from 'cologne')
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 05:53:59 PM »

Ran the Theory-files on my machine and no problems at all with the two slicers... Really weird that they should cause havoc on yours sad

The Examples->Theory->Mandelbox - Dual Numbers DE.frag-messages: many examples are very old, dating back to 5 or 6 years back. All the raytracers are ever-changing, things are added, things are thrown out, and sometimes a formula has been first run with a raytracer that no longer exists at all or has been one someone has written for himself to test things in. When you then run the formula with a modified or other raytracer you get these Couldn't find-messages in yellow. You will encounter many many messages like that (évery time you change your raytracer, for instance), and they are no problem at all. You will notice that if you add your own presets those will not have any messages like that as your presets are made for your current raytracer.

I did not spot that error in the DE-Kn8.frag, I only opened and ran the examples looking for errors that would prevent them from running. Good job that you noticed this! Also we may safely expect that none of the examples uses this raytracer;)

Examples->Kali's Creations->RotJulia.frag
Thanks for solving that. I see those kinds of errors quite often, but my knowledge of maths is non existent, so I never know when I can safely change the formula code (do so privately of course  grin grin grin).

sabine62.deviantart.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: