Logo by AGUS - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 23, 2024, 11:32:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 654 times)
Description: Anyone know how to create a rhombohedron fractal
Farl
Forums Newbie

« on: March 26, 2017, 08:50:02 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm a landscape architecture student and for my final project I want to generate a landscape that is based on the rhombohedron. I would like to generate a flat-ish landscape made up of this shape in varying configurations. I'm playing around wth mandelbulb but wondering if there are other options.

Looking forward to learning more about fractals!

Thanks!
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 10:27:04 PM »

Hello and welcome to the forums   afro

Hey everyone! I'm a landscape architecture student and for my final project I want to generate a landscape that is based on the rhombohedron. I would like to generate a flat-ish landscape made up of this shape in varying configurations. I'm playing around wth mandelbulb but wondering if there are other options.

Looking forward to learning more about fractals!

Thanks!

By "playing around with mandelbulb" do you mean Mandelbulb3d?  There is also Mandelbulber, and people often confuse the program names with the name of the fractal (mandelbulb).

As for generating landscapes, a lot depends on your final goal.  Do you want a still picture, an animation, a 3D Model, something for Virtual Reality?  As we say around here, the possibilities are infinite!

Give us a little more background and we'll try to point you to the right tools.

Good luck with it   cheesy

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
Farl
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 01:20:58 AM »

I am using mandelbulb3d... I would like to make something that looks similar to this:
https://assets.wired.com/photos/w_1400/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/02_Nikon2014_Da-Mommio_26317_1.jpg
Many of the defaults make a cube, but I'd really like to make a rhombohedron.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: