Logo by KRAFTWERK - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 27, 2024, 07:16:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: My Journeys Into The Mandelbrot Set  (Read 1641 times)
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« on: March 08, 2017, 05:42:02 AM »

I'll post links here to videos made with my work-in-progress program, MandelSynth.
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 05:43:07 AM »

h264, 1920x1080 @ 60fps, 5GB

https://filebin.net/c4wq7ibxols08dux/A.Zoom.Into.The.Mandelbrot.Set.20161107.1080p60.flac.x264.mkv
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:55:48 AM by quaz0r » Logged
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 05:44:56 AM »

h264, 1920x1080 @ 60fps, 2.6GB

https://filebin.net/c4wq7ibxols08dux/A.Journey.Into.The.Mandelbrot.Set.20170306.1080p60.flac.x264.mkv
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 05:56:07 AM by quaz0r » Logged
Dinkydau
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 07:20:20 PM »

Interesting and nice coloring and great quality (even lossless audio). These are zoom videos done properly.

quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2017, 08:03:25 PM »

ty sir  smiley
Adam Majewski
Fractal Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2017, 09:09:56 PM »

nice gradient and quality. Can you write smth about it ? also about algorithms you use .
claude
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 10:46:52 AM »

Very nice!

Did spot some very very minor periodic pulsing in the center of the first one near the end, maybe insufficient supersampling and/or codec weirdness?  Didn't notice that in the second one.
quaz0r
Fractal Molossus

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »

Very nice!

Did spot some very very minor periodic pulsing in the center of the first one near the end, maybe insufficient supersampling and/or codec weirdness?  Didn't notice that in the second one.

thanks claude.  for the first one i was still using a glitch-correction system i was experimenting with, kind of a dumber version of what you came up with, and it was probably not perfect.  in the second video i was using your system which is very awesome btw  cheesy  which seems overall more perfect, though if you look closely at the video, when i go off-center there are glitches usually appearing toward the edge of the screen.  i am not sure if there are precision issues with your system that need to be addressed, where full reference points need to be done to avoid glitching, or if my implementation has a bug, or both.

also as far as pulsing is concerned, i am not sure what approach everyone else uses for making videos.  i guess kalle recycles keyframes by layering them on top of each other to try to give a smoother effect.  i am not sure what you do.  what ive been doing is for example if the keyframe starts out as 6x supersampled, for subsequent frames i crop the keyframe by the zoom factor and then scale it down to the target resolution.  ive been setting it to crop keyframes down from 6x to around 4x and then start a new keyframe.  and no kalle-style relayering keyframes on top of each other or whatever.  it seems to work fine enough most of the way, but results in more noticeable strobing as the density increases toward the end of a zoom.  a lot of kalle videos in the past had very noticeable strobing of boxes where the keyframes are relayered or whatever.  seems like i noticed this effect less in more recent videos.  did he stop relayering keyframes or figure out a better way of doing it?
claude
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2017, 02:40:38 AM »

My zoom assembler program (separate standalone to my renderers) is currently hardcoded to keyframes with a zoom factor of 2, though there is no reason this couldn't be changed in principle (just need to generalize some of the maths).

It blends between adjacent keyframes to achieve a constant "samples per output pixel" value, so the pulsing is a little less obvious (but still visible with high contrast fine filament de colouring).

It also supports motion blur (settable shutter speed), which can make the edges of the frame less flickery at high speeds and lower frame rates.

EDITED to add: Regaarding glitches, do you reuse the primary reference between key frames?  I use the central minibrot as reference (computed at enough precision for when the minibrot would be visible), and reuse it for a good few keyframes after going off-center (at which point it is likely to successfully pick a new central minibrot).  Maybe this has something to do with it?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:08:48 AM by claude, Reason: note about glitches » Logged
Kalles Fraktaler
Fractal Senior

kallesfraktaler
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »

What I have been doing is to simply paste following frames on top of each other, which also gives more anti-alias towards the center, since the following frames are shrinked.
I know Fractal Extreme is pasting only one following frame with a alpha-blend, beginning from zero and ending with 100% when the following frame completely covers the view.
Yann Lby have a nother strategy, where he map each fixed screen pixel on a "growing" background key-frame, also combined with the following frame. (Hope you understood what I meant?), of course by creating a large background image that is shrinked, for anti-alias.
These mention methods all work well with standard escape-time coloring, and sufficient large key-frames for anti-alias.
Yann Lby's method is also the best when creating a 3D-map from Mandelbrot pixel-data.

When doing slopes and/or DE more anti-alias is needed. But I don't have the patience nor disk-space to do more than 3840x2160 key-frames.
The frames visible in some of earlier my movies could have been avoided by using larger key-frames.

So for the latest multi-colored DE and slopes movies I have made recently, I am also alpha-blending the frames in the same way as Fractal Extreme.
And also, the alpha-blend is fading out near the edges, to even more avoid visible frames as far as it goes...
I am sorry I haven't made any new version of KFMM publicly available, I am still experimenting...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:17:09 PM by Kalles Fraktaler » Logged

Want to create DEEP Mandelbrot fractals 100 times faster than the commercial programs, for FREE? One hour or one minute? Three months or one day? Try Kalles Fraktaler http://www.chillheimer.de/kallesfraktaler
http://www.facebook.com/kallesfraktaler
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: