Logo by DarkBeam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 02:50:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Perfect Corner Spire--HELP ME PLZ!!  (Read 324 times)
Crumb1
Forums Newbie

« on: January 15, 2017, 05:10:43 PM »

Perfect Corner Spire--HELP ME PLZ!!

http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=19949

Hey guys! I'm new to fractals and fractalforums.  embarrass

I know quite a bit for my short experience. I have even tried to use ollydbg to test changes in code. When I realize I may be trying too hard, I decided to focus on formula's.

I would like to render more of what I see conceptually in mind, rather than accept what the program displays according to my most educated assumption.  evil

My question here is specific:
Besides formula's and their relative settings, which other attributes must I consider in order to render an image that has a landscape of select formula's? further, which attributes must be considered in creating buildings or rendering custom objects and shapes?

I believe knowing how the formula's work will help me model a more intentional end result. Maybe I was correct in my first attempt in interpreting assembly language to do it? Maybe it's both perspectives which reap such beautiful artwork?

So far all I have been able to create are basic views of customs shapes and objects that I have intuitively constructed. I have been able to render animation. I know how to work the program. I would like to know how to make the program work for me.. I am learning in order to someday incorporate into 3D games but let's focus on the question!

I wanna make cool art like you guys!!!  afro
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:43:05 PM »

it sounds like you want to use formulas to create an object that looks similar to an object you have in your mind?

the problem for that is the chaotic behaviour of fractals
it is quite hard (in a lot of cases impossible) to say what the outcome of a formula is so a lot of times you just sit there and try something out to get a satisfying results.

sometimes you sit there and wait for your calculating just to notice, that your formula was not 'dense' enough and you get a useless result

still i would say its quite right to pay a lot of attention to the formulas you are using rather that implementing hundreds of tiny changes to let it look more good.

theres plenty of stuff to find here so just go and explore (and dont forget to save usefull links haha)!

Some of my images: Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: