Logo by mauxuam - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Check out the originating "3d Mandelbulb" thread here

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 02:10:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Sierpinski Triangle entry in Doritos Contest  (Read 6405 times)
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

nahee_enterprises Nahee.Enterprises NaheeEnterprise
« on: January 30, 2010, 03:00:20 PM »

For the upcoming Super Bowl on Sunday February 7th, a group of students in Redding, California covered a good portion of a football field with about 12,000 tortilla chips (Doritos of course).   They were making a video commercial to be entered into the Doritos "Crash the Super Bowl" contest.   You can read more about it online at:

http://www.khsltv.com/content/localnews/story/Redding-Area-High-School-Students-Create/fVbY3jVCCEG1d62nld_5BA.cspx

Off to the right side of that web page is a video from the news cast that showed a good portion of that proposed commercial.   But the website does its own commercial in front of the video, so you have to watch a few seconds of advertising to get to the actual Sierpinski Triangle portion.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:17:18 PM by Nahee_Enterprises » Logged

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:12:46 PM »

BTW, at the time I read the website's article, they had incorrectly spelled "Sierpinski".  I hope my email to the author gets them to correct this slight error.    evil

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 09:22:56 AM »

question: what is worth a 1000 words? hint: it is also missing here.
kram1032
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »

OMG lol
Nice one cheesy
Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 11:45:12 PM »

question: what is worth a 1000 words? hint: it is also missing here.

You can use that same reply for several hundred postings in this Forum, where other people have given a link to a web page with either a video or images on them.

I figured they could read the whole news article and get to see the video by accessing that one link.  But I forget some rather see the pretty pictures, and skip the reading part.    evil

Nahee_Enterprises
World Renowned
Fractal Senior

use email to contact

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 11:49:14 PM »

found it   cheesy
    ....www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7yeB_Xruhs  

Yes, but who will now actually read the article and get the whole background of those involved in its making.

makc
Strange Attractor

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 12:02:18 AM »

I figured they could read the whole news article and get to see the video by accessing that one link.
I actually missed the video (which is next to article) completely there, so I went on searching utube.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: