Logo by Dinkydau - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Follow us on Twitter

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 18, 2024, 02:57:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: How to rotate the Mandelbulb?  (Read 8471 times)
fengda2870
Forums Freshman

« on: December 30, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

After openning MB3D,in the Navigator Window,still don't know how to rotate the Mandelbulb.
In the Navigator Window,only can do the roll operator.
How to picth or yaw this Mandelbulb?
If I want to see its bottom, how to do fast ?

* rotate.jpg (10.31 KB, 280x220 - viewed 770 times.)

* Mandelbulb.jpg (157.89 KB, 812x695 - viewed 314 times.)
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 10:53:22 AM »

They are all there, just under other names.

Use the Sliding, Walking, Looking, and Roll buttons in the navigator.

A frustrating thing is that the main window has some manipulation arrows at the bottom, but they are not directly reproduced in the Navigator.  I type 90 into that box next to them, and then reset the position of the bulb before clicking them, to do what you are asking about seeing the entire object from various perspectives.  Just click there, then go to the navigator and import the parameters.  Repeat as needed.

I hope that helps   afro

Life is complex - It has real and imaginary components.

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
fengda2870
Forums Freshman

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 11:23:52 AM »

Then how to use sliding waking looking roll to view it bottom?
I can't do it.
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 10:13:02 PM »

Then how to use sliding waking looking roll to view it bottom?
I can't do it.

Look to one side until it's offscreen, then slide it back.

Repeat as needed.

That's why I don't rely on the Navi for that.  As I said above, the easier way is to use both windows together with the technique mentioned.  It's not the simplest way it could have been programmed, but it's the simplest way given the toolset at hand.

There's always Mandlbulber if you think you can get better results with that program,  I still have trouble with Mandelbulber's interface myself, but I love it's render engine - so I plan on learning it if I ever get time to play!!

The All New Fractal Forums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!
M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 10:23:49 PM »

I make the fractals one axis perpendicular to the view window with "i" and "c":

then hit "l" then "a" repeatedly, or "j" then "d" repeatedly:

images.. images.. mehh.    No images.  Google photos now really, really sucks.  Basically ruined a good thing.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 10:40:17 PM by M Benesi » Logged

Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 10:28:12 PM »

Really fast bottom view: Go to Position in the main window and click Reset  wink

sabine62.deviantart.com
Sockratease
Global Moderator
Fractal Senior

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »

Really fast bottom view: Go to Position in the main window and click Reset  wink

Yup.

That is exactly what I suggested!  I just elaborated offering ways to see it from all sides in single clicks between the Navi and the Main Window   afro

...the main window has some manipulation arrows at the bottom, but they are not directly reproduced in the Navigator.  I type 90 into that box next to them, and then reset the position of the bulb before clicking them, to do what you are asking about seeing the entire object from various perspectives.  Just click there, then go to the navigator and import the parameters.  Repeat as needed.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: