Logo by Cyclops - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit the official fractalforums.com Youtube Channel

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 06:47:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Poll
Question: how i must start, first open m3p parameters and after that i apply formulas?
formulas - 3 (75%)
parameters - 1 (25%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: difference betwen m3p parameters and formulas  (Read 6024 times)
Description: how to start
fmazelon
Forums Newbie

« on: December 30, 2016, 04:54:43 AM »

HI...
I am new in mandelbub and in fractals 3D, my question is elemental, i do not understand the difference betwen m3p parameters and the formulas, how i must start? first open a m3p parameter and after apply a set of formulas ? there is a place where i can learn this kind of elemental things ?

thank you in advance Francisco

M Benesi
Fractal Schemer

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 06:37:41 AM »

Hi Francisco,

Try checking out some of the videos in the following thread:

http://www.fractalforums.com/tutorials/mandelbulb3d-tutorial-list/

The parameter (m3p) files are used to load formula (m3f) files with variables set in a certain way.

After you load an M3P (parameter file), you want to click on the Navigator button in the top left corner and it will pop up the navigation window.   The bottom of the navigator window tells you what keys do what. 

You can send stuff from the navigator window to the main window by clicking "view to main" in the bottom left corner (2nd button up).  Then click calculate now in the main window. 

Welcome to the forums!

Matt

fmazelon
Forums Newbie

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 09:15:18 AM »

Thank you matt... smiley
Sabine
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 05:38:49 PM »

Hello Francisco,

I'd like to add a tip to Matt's great advice:

You do not need to open a parameter per se, you can also just choose one or more formulas into the slots on the formula-tab. The m3p-parameters are nice to learn (they are ready-made examples), but I feel that I learn most of all by starting from scratch. More difficult, but ultimately more fun;)

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll have a nice time here:)

Sabine

sabine62.deviantart.com
1Bryan1
Fractal Fertilizer

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 04:18:20 AM »

HI...
I am new in mandelbub and in fractals 3D, my question is elemental, i do not understand the difference betwen m3p parameters and the formulas, how i must start? first open a m3p parameter and after apply a set of formulas ? there is a place where i can learn this kind of elemental things ?

thank you in advance Francisco

m3p files are everything that M3D needs to rebuild a fractal (formulas, lighting, other parameters).
The formula window is a subset of all the parameters needed to rebuild a fractal.

If you are looking to make a brand new fractal - start with adding formula into the Formula window.
I would also suggest using  the Navigation window (Main window, click Navigation button - top left) to view the result.
Then in the Navigation window, expand the Formulas stack (right, middle button called "Formula values:") to play with the formula; expand the "Julia values (x,y,z) for more fun.

Find 340+ more of my fractal art at http://1bryan1.deviantart.com/gallery/
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: