Logo by Trifox - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Did you know ? you can use LaTex inside Postings on fractalforums.com!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. March 29, 2024, 09:33:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Making Mandelbrot zooms for the holidays?  (Read 3028 times)
Description: Making Mandelbrot zooms for the holidays?
greentexas
Navigator

« on: December 26, 2016, 02:56:05 AM »

Has anyone around here made Mandelbrot zooms for the holidays? On Christmas Eve, many of my family members came over to celebrate Christmas Eve. I'm pretty sure all of them had a least a glimpse of a Mandelbrot zoom I made for Christmas. (I'm only 12, so I am able to do these kinds of things.)

Have any of you released a fractal zoom for one of the holidays? If you were to make one for the holidays, I'm guessing it would be for the fractal-themed community.

Does anyone have any ideas for other holidays? I have a zoom directory on my computer containing a Perpendicular Mandelbrot zoom that terminates in a mini-Heart. This could be for Valentines Day. One of my uncles (who met Benoit Mandelbrot himself) suggested a pastel-colored Easter Mandelbrot.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 08:32:51 AM »

Yes, I have made a fractal zoom for christmas. I actually wanted to release it last year but I did not have the time. Anyway:
http://www.fractalforums.com/movies-showcase-(rate-my-movie)/midnight-in-december/

I have made fractal zooms for birthdays but not for any other holidays.

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
hobold
Fractal Bachius

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:04:12 AM »

Not Mandelbrot zooms, but I usually tinker with eye candy during the holidays. Or dust off some old tinkering project. This year it was indeed a fractal, some sort of generalized Apollonius spheres:

greentexas
Navigator

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 07:31:05 PM »

Yes, I have made a fractal zoom for Christmas. I actually wanted to release it last year but I did not have the time. Anyway:
http://www.fractalforums.com/movies-showcase-(rate-my-movie)/midnight-in-december/

I have made fractal zooms for birthdays but not for any other holidays.

You just reminded me of a Mandelbrot zoom I made this July. I "hacked" Kalles Fraktaler and set the power to 12 because my twelfth birthday was just a few days away. Nobody else in my family is into fractals except for an aunt of mine. The only reason she knows what fractals are is because I taught her via e-mail. I could make a fractal zoom for her.

I could even make a fractal zoom for your birthday! (I'm offering to pamper you as if you're my age.) My computer is an old one, so it probably couldn't go much deeper than e300 or use much more than 300,000 iterations without me worrying about the computer blowing up, so don't expect it to be all that awesome.
TheRedshiftRider
Fractalist Chemist
Global Moderator
Fractal Iambus

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 07:46:00 PM »

You just reminded me of a Mandelbrot zoom I made this July. I "hacked" Kalles Fraktaler and set the power to 12 because my twelfth birthday was just a few days away. Nobody else in my family is into fractals except for an aunt of mine. The only reason she knows what fractals are is because I taught her via e-mail. I could make a fractal zoom for her.

I could even make a fractal zoom for your birthday! (I'm offering to pamper you as if you're my age.) My computer is an old one, so it probably couldn't go much deeper than e300 or use much more than 300,000 iterations without me worrying about the computer blowing up, so don't expect it to be all that awesome.

wink
Thanks for the suggestion. (In case you want to know, my birthday is on the seventh of october.)
Don't worry about depth or iteration count. It does not indicate how it looks visually.
I could also make one for you if you want. grin

Motivation is like a salt, once it has been dissolved it can react with things it comes into contact with to form something interesting. nerd
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: