Logo by CorneliaYoder - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Visit us on facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 16, 2024, 07:22:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Julia-sets of rational polynoms and other complex functions  (Read 4465 times)
Description: computation of the Julia- and Fatou-sets of every knowable function
SamTiba
Safarist

« on: December 10, 2016, 07:30:01 PM »

So I got into programming the Julia-Sets and built myself a small application for them.

Since the normal escape-settings only apply for polynoms I implemented rational polynoms (and soon other functions) via a projection to the riemann-sphere and then used the equicontinuity (convergenz of neighboured points) to decide if its a member of the Julia- or Fatou-family.

My question to you now: I only know of this method (thanks to some random site I once found (but it's in german language elsewhise I would've shared it with you))
Do you know of any other method to computate the sets and would like to share them with me?

Some of my images: Pinterest
Adam Majewski
Fractal Lover

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:54:44 PM »

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Fractals/Rational
hth
SamTiba
Safarist

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 09:47:24 PM »

thanks for sharing this link with me, so this is the implementation of a method where you get the attractors and if they are superattracting or repelling, right?

I don't quite see how I can computate Julia-Sets with that?

Some of my images: Pinterest
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: