Logo by mrob - Contribute your own Logo!

END OF AN ERA, FRACTALFORUMS.COM IS CONTINUED ON FRACTALFORUMS.ORG

it was a great time but no longer maintainable by c.Kleinhuis contact him for any data retrieval,
thanks and see you perhaps in 10 years again

this forum will stay online for reference
News: Support us via Flattr FLATTR Link

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2024, 09:50:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The All New FractalForums is now in Public Beta Testing! Visit FractalForums.org and check it out!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Share this topic on DiggShare this topic on FacebookShare this topic on GoogleShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on StumbleUponShare this topic on Twitter
Author Topic: Height-mapping based on Julia Sets  (Read 1882 times)
Description: Different possibilities for height-mapping the MSet based on the related JSet
Timeroot
Fractal Fertilizer

The pwnge.

« on: January 25, 2010, 12:14:45 AM »

I know that all the interesting stuff with 3D fractals has essentially made people forget about height mapping, but I was wondering if Height mapping had ever been done based on the Julia Sets at that location. For example, Hausdorff Dimension of the Julia Set, Hausdorff Dimension of the border of the Julia Set, Area of the Julia Set, Lyapunov Exponent of the Periodic/Chaotic/Fixed Point, etc.

Some may have to be done "by hand", but probably with enough code it could be done by the computer. Area would probably be the easiest, Hausdorff Dimension-based ones would be second-easiest, and the Lyapunpov Exponent... I have no clue. For the Lyapunov Exponent, this might be easily estimated with just an orbit trap. This has the problem, however, for points very "deep" into the branches of the Julia Set. Thoughts/Criticisms/Links/Pictures/Formulas/Help/People telling me this list is too long?

Someday, man will understand primary theory; how every aspect of our universe has come about. Then we will describe all of physics, build a complete understanding of genetic engineering, catalog all planets, and find intelligent life. And then we'll just puzzle over fractals for eternity.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  

Jump to: